Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Nov 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1147852)   #1
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Motorsport Christmas - So What Did You Get?

Ok, so Christmas is coming up and, well, i'm stuck for ideas. So what good books, DVDs etc do people recommend in a motorsport flavour?
Old 8 Nov 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1147878)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Official F1 2002 season review?
Old 8 Nov 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1147984)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's always one isn't there?

Last edited by luke; 8 Nov 2004 at 21:48.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1147988)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well maybe Martin Brundle's new book on the great F1 tracks he has raced on.
Autocourse F1 review (quite expensive).

F12004 on PS2.

BTCC season on DVD.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1148008)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Alex Zanardi's autobiography!

Great guy, great story, great courage. Enough said!
Old 8 Nov 2004, 22:13 (Ref:1148022)   #6
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The books mentioned above, and this new DVD called something like " 50 years of onboard footage ". No doubt someone else will know the name/release date.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 08:12 (Ref:1148271)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like this idea a lot spanner. Your most wanted Xmas motorsport related gifts. I'll make this one sticky and just change the thread title a little, if you don't mind.

I definitely want the onboard DVD (but I doubt I'll be able to wait until, Xmas for that. Brundle's book would be good too.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1148281)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is always the 2004 Le Mans Annual, now that is a must....
Old 9 Nov 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1148285)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So damned expensive though Rob.........
Old 9 Nov 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1148442)   #10
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
So damned expensive though Rob.........
Surely it's worth the £21 that Amazon are selling it for in the UK. And it's out next week.....
Old 9 Nov 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1148528)   #11
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, glad the ideas caught on! Though i was looking for ideas for myself! as its easier giving the parents a list as they have no idea what motorsport is!

Didnt realise the Lemans annual was that cheap, might have to put it down on my list. Martin Brundle's book looks good but am unsure on Zinardi's. Anyone read it yet?

Err F1 2002 ?????
Old 9 Nov 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1148608)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Definately want to get my hands on the Le Mans book and DVD. Zanardi book sounds good too... I'm sure it'll make fascinating reading. I also want to get the Nascar 2004 review - can one of our stateside friends give us an idea when that comes out? Anyone else recommend any good books or DVDs?
Old 9 Nov 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1148610)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Official F1 2002 season review?
.... and if you enjoyed that i might suggest that Australia and Hungary 2004 will also be to your liking...

Last edited by ralf fan; 9 Nov 2004 at 15:25.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1148614)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Umm... id like:

1.) a multi million pound contract to be Mclaren's no.1 driver for next year... Kimi who? :confused:

2.) DVD's full of races (f1) from 1970 onwrads till about 1995... i dont have any

3.) all the good f1 books...
Old 9 Nov 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1148682)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
Alex Zanardi's autobiography!

Great guy, great story, great courage. Enough said!
Bought it recently, great book, just got to finish Martin Brundle's book at the moment.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1148724)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I want........

Fuji 1976 full race coverage off the telly.

Anybody got that?

Apart from that, I am raging for that onboard DVD.....only two and a bit weeks left i think......should be fab.

I also want thew Zanardi and Brundle books, Roebucks "chasing the title" and that technical book on the 2000 Ferrari.

I write this as a Christmas list, but no doubt they'll be out of my own bloody money!!!!!
Old 9 Nov 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1149012)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want what Knowlesy wants too !
Old 10 Nov 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1149261)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I want Knowlesy's spending ability..........
Old 10 Nov 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1149738)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You can't have Knowlesys spending ability.

i honestly don't think I buy that much Ayse........mind you, I burn through 600 quid a month so maybe I do.

How DO you save money?
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1150110)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't save at all. (Apart from the 50p's and £2 coins that I put in a box towards my Le Mans spending money..... sad old git eh? ).

My wife and I gave up saving years ago. We now spend all we earn and whatever the bank manager throws in our direction as well. I have a meeting with him in a couple of weeks where he will throw more mo ney at me which I will gratefully accept.......
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:26 (Ref:1150113)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
You can't have Knowlesys spending ability.

i honestly don't think I buy that much Ayse........mind you, I burn through 600 quid a month so maybe I do.

How DO you save money?
But what commitments do you have?

Spouse/partner?
Kids?
Mortgage?
Car?
Old 11 Nov 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1150739)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

None......hence my ridiculous haemhoraging of money!

Although I do pay for loan repayments, lodge, dinners and transport.

I'd imagine when I marry, all my money will "magically" disappear into thin air.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1151199)   #23
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let me think for a while. OK, here's what I'm after:
Martin Brundle's book.

Some of the review videos from the 70's and above that I was too young to have seen.

Some more model cars for my small collection of three, they are getting lonely.

A motorsport themed calendar for my room.

An F1 management game for my computer.

And that's it.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1151250)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

I'd imagine when I marry, all my money will "magically" disappear into thin air.

Yes and no.

It will still be there in theory.

You just have to ask to be allowed to spend it.......
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1151376)   #25
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want..... more time to play games - I still have to get through PES4, Toca RD2 and GTA:SA as well as get good at GPL.