RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ROUND 1 Results.

SHUMIE OUT
FISI WINS

first race for a while ive stayed awake for..

Last edited by EERO; 6 Mar 2005 at 04:55.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:34 (Ref:1243978)   #2
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
urmmm i think you should change the title to spoiler or something so you dont ruin it for everyone who didnt watch?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:35 (Ref:1243979)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
<removes moderator hat>
YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSS
Perfect race by Giancarlo! Mmmmmmm pie!!!

Great drives from Barichello and Coulthard, as well!
Were Jacques' mirrors fogged up?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:35 (Ref:1243980)   #4
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Fisi
Barichelli
Alonso
Coul
Webber
Monty
klien
Riak
Trulli
Massa
Button
R Schumie
Villen
sato
Karthik
Mont
Friesacher
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:38 (Ref:1243983)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
<wipes tear from eye>

That was.... beautiful. Controlled the race perfecty!
FORZA GIANCARLO!!!!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:41 (Ref:1243986)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good win from Fisi! Running at the head of the field with no serious threat, clinical drive

Great performance from DC and Rubens. They both got their cars to a position nobody really expected.

The pace of RBR is good it seems, it comfortably stay ahead of the likes of Williams. That Klien finished in the points too is a good sign. Ford must be scratching their heads now.

Rubens...well done, finishing in the podium ahead of Mclarens. Didn't really expect that given Mclarens godly pace all the way til the race. Good to keep the Ferrari flag flying. The race pace of the Ferrari seems ok, Michael could keep up with Kimi and even was ahead...too bad the knock which threw the point onto the laps of Kimi.

A few good drives from some drivers, some were barely noticable...

And the new rules didn't create much trouble (except for Qualifyings). The tyres look to be in great shape, and the pace pretty fast too. Seem like many worry for nothing.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:41 (Ref:1243987)   #7
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
very enjoyable race for quite a while, really good to see DC up there and proving some doubters wrong with his call to go to Red Bull (seems he's found himself some wings)

Best part of the race.... seeing Shumacher going out after little coming together with Heidfeld.

So glad to see Ferrari on the back foot and Renault at te top of the podium!!!!!!!!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:41 (Ref:1243988)   #8
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely brilliant race from DC and the most encouraging part is that the Red Bull has got the pace.

Beat the two McLaren's in his first race for Red Bull

Well done to Fisi..........well deserved.

MS should NEVER be allowed again to drag marshalls from behind the barrier while the race is running
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:42 (Ref:1243989)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
<removes moderator hat>
YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSS
Perfect race by Giancarlo! Mmmmmmm pie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Great drives from Barichello and Coulthard, as well!
Alonso too.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:42 (Ref:1243990)   #10
Lord Jagged
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Lord Jagged should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent start to the season for Red Bull. I bet DC was pleased to kick his old team in the backside.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:45 (Ref:1243993)   #11
Lord Jagged
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Lord Jagged should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can of Red Bull anyone? Gives you plenty of speed!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:45 (Ref:1243994)   #12
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
particularly disgusting move by Schumacher on Heidfled.
Hope to see grid penalty or suspended ban when i wake up.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1243996)   #13
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great race in my view. Very pleased for Fisi for his first "proper" win. Shame DC wasn't on the podium in the end, but still a great result for them.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1243998)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Red Bull finishing ahead of the Williams of Webber in particular.

Great drives from Fisichella and Alonso.

Quiet efficiency from Barrichello.

Not the start McLaren or Williams wanted but they'll be back.

Fears over tyre life proved unfounded.

Silly accident for Schumacher, taking out the innocent Heidfeld.

BAR very disappointing pace-wise.

Overall looks like a much more competitive year in prospect. I'm looking forward to see how it all pans out.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1244004)   #15
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am also very 'appy, forza Fisico!!!

I am finally unshackled from the disbelief of Fissy's choice of team of the last few years...

FINALLY.

For other Fissy fans I plucked Hakkinen as a World Champ mid '97. Hey presto '98. Not rocket science but good omen at least. Fisico WDC '05. Word.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1244005)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's so funny how ANY incident that involves Michael is INSTANTLY declared "disgusting" and wrong.

And i guess people do need to find something new to satisfy their "craving" to hit out at Michael? Hopefully, they don't ruin what is otherwise a decent weekend worth celebrating.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1244007)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vindication!

Proof that talent, given the opportunity will win out.

A long deserved and trulely welcome victory. Lets hope that there are many more.

Too bad about Nick ; he lost so much ground after the first stop.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1244008)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh and DC, a great start and a solid drive. Bravo, David.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:05 (Ref:1244013)   #19
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very interesting race.

schumi out, by his own mistake (you know, if you push a driver on the grass on the inside of a corner, he will hit you, because you can barely brake on grass)
Trulli did a great drive at the start of the race, but faded away after his first stop. Toyota didn't do too well, Ralph was invisible throughout the race
great to see Red Bull perform well, sad to see BAR can't live up to the expectations they built up last year.
Williams did better than expected, Mclaren did worse than expected...
Fisico really deserved that win, he put in a magnificent drive

I think that the backmarkers did a terrible job. didn't see one guy get out of the way fast enough, Friesacher almost cost DC a place one moment...

overall a great race, but I can't help but wonder if it would've been as great if it hadn't rained yesterday
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:07 (Ref:1244015)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesi95
particularly disgusting move by Schumacher on Heidfled.
Hope to see grid penalty or suspended ban when i wake up.

Yes I saw that move as well....On a more upbeat note, that was a real race and I hope the season continues in this way....Fantastic job by Fissi! DC, Ruben's, Alonso
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:07 (Ref:1244016)   #21
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
It's so funny how ANY incident that involves Michael is INSTANTLY declared "disgusting" and wrong.
I wouldn't call it disgusting, or wrong, I'd just call it plain stupid...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:11 (Ref:1244021)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now I've heard Ron Dennis's thoughts, I'm feeling a lot better about McLaren.

Apparently Montoya had an off which wasn't seen on TV - coated his tyres in rubbish, so the team told him to go into engine conservation mode.

Raikkonen's fastest lap was set without a barge-board so there's potential there.

Ron says an untroubled run for JPM would have given him second place - and the only team with pace which is "concerning" is Renault.

Good to hear!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:13 (Ref:1244022)   #23
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather strange race for the first half. People just seemed to be holding station, not least the McLaren guys. Terrific stuff from Coulthard. BAR pace was even worse than winter testing had predicted. Karthikeyan is looking interesting. Massa the solitary car on a 1-stopper - certainly worked out better than his team-mate's 2-stop. There didn't seem to be an abundance of on-track passing, but it was a satisfying race, if only to finally see Fisi in a decent car
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:13 (Ref:1244024)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Sounds like the excuses are in early at McLaren.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:15 (Ref:1244028)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

I don't think they're excuses.

Looking at the laptimes, Montoya had a slow lap (the off) and then reduced pace dramatically.