Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1328629)   #1
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can car marshals attend motorcycle races?

No doubt this has been asked before. I know motor cycles have their own marshals (is their organisation Racestart?). My question is: are car marshals welcome at motorcycle events?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1328649)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix
No doubt this has been asked before. I know motor cycles have their own marshals (is their organisation Racestart?). My question is: are car marshals welcome at motorcycle events?
The organisation you're thinking of is Racesafe, which provides marshals for BSB, WSB & MotoGP & has its own licencing system. For these events marshal numbers are usually more than adequate (they actually asked marshals to 'unvolunteer' from the Mallory BSB as they had too many!) so it's not easy to get in -there's probably a waiting list for membership.

Marshals for club bike racing are licenced, through individual clubs, by the ACU - similar to the car system, but there's no grading scheme for bike marshals.....

If you're interested in bike marshalling at Oulton see:

http://www.cmcma.org.uk/
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1328769)   #3
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i do both and most clubs will make you very welcome..
i do mainly at croft so if you fancy a go over there let me know and i can arrange it for you ....
Old 14 Jun 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1328773)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix

You're thinking of Racesafe. This particular car marshal was made extremely welcome last year at the Bike Grand Prix at Donington. Granted, initially, I only asked if I could observe in their pit lane (on either practice or qualifying day - not race day)to see how different it was to what I am normally used to.

I was invited to turn up on the Friday morning, given a set of brand new white overalls and told to return them after the racing on Sunday!

The bike marshals were incredibly friendly and made me feel so welcome I felt I'd known them all years by lunchtime on the Friday.

The Plum Pudding meeting on Boxing Day at Mallory Park is a good meeting for integration if you are interested in doing bikes and cars as there is always a mix of bike and car marshals on each post. Plenty of opportunities for meaningful discussions about your particular preference!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1328800)   #5
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
so it's not easy to get in -there's probably a waiting list for membership.
WE,VE BEEN CAR MARSHALLS FOR A LONG TIME, LAST YEAR WE DECIDED TO MARSHALL BIKES INSTEAD OF PAYING.. WE JOINED RACESAFE VERY EASY TO GET INTO, NO WAITING LIST AND ONCE ONLY MEMBERSHIP FEE IS FOR LIFE (NOT PAYING EVERY YEAR) WE HAVE BEEN WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS.
ITS BEEN BRILLIANT WE GET FREE LUNCH BAGS EVERY MEETING, DRINKS DELIVERED ON POST IN THE AFTERNOONS, AND COVERALLS AND KNOW THIS YEAR WATERPROOF JACKETS ARE BEING SUPPLIED... WISH WE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO. WE HAVE DONE TRAINING DAYS WITH RACESAFE SO WE CAN DEAL WITH THE BIKE SIDE OF THINGS, SLIGHTLEY DIFFERENT RULES AND REGS REGARDING FLAGS ECT... BUT HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR RACESAFE. AND BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN CAR MARSHALLS FOR AGES WE STILL HAVE TO GO THRU THE TRAINEE GRADING CARD SCHEME SIMILAR TO NORMAL GRADING FOR CARS BUT THEY DO APPRECIATE YOUR GRADES AND YOU ARNT TREATED AS NOVICES... PLEASE JOIN YOU WONT LOOK BACK..
Old 14 Jun 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1328811)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are other clubs as well. Here @ Mallory I do bike meetings for New Era & also EMRA and get on well with the bike marshals, there are a few of us here who do cars & bikes.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 04:34 (Ref:1328946)   #7
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here is a link with a list of bike clubs, contact any you wish to marshal with http://www.clubracing.co.uk/Words1/page_3.htm
Old 15 Jun 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1329454)   #8
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you all. Good info.