Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1163091)   #1
Picturesports
Rookie

Picturesports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone Know Who This is ?

Does anyone know who this is ? A Google search for the name on the side of the cockpit returns details on a a legal firm.

I have a couple of photographs of his cars that I would like to donate FOC to his "office wall".

Any help is appriciated.

Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1163106)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is Simon Hadfield. Probably at Mallory park at an HSCC meeting. Looks like an F2 Crossle, 19F?
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1163220)   #3
Picturesports
Rookie

Picturesports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Andrew. If you know how to get in touch with him please drop me a PM. I'll have a dig about anyway.

Another photo I got that day was the same car but during the damp runing in the early morning - Spray coming off the inside wheel caught in the sunshine. Only problem was that I was using a very long lens and to get the shutter speed the photo is a little grainy.

Just like fishing - the one that got away.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1163238)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A search on Google for 'Simon Hadfield Restorations' should find him.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1163240)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't he somewhere in Leicestershire?

Last edited by Sheila M; 24 Nov 2004 at 21:56.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1163531)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its an extremely nice picture - or would be if you had the last little bit of the car?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1163539)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be careful if you're thinking of trying to sell that photo to him..you know the deal with Mallory
Old 26 Nov 2004, 23:17 (Ref:1165273)   #8
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I might give Mallory a ring next week if I remember to "check on the score" there!....whilst my 10D is in for a major clean inside!!
Old 27 Nov 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1165522)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baz I spoke to both Mallory & John Reilly two weeks ago as I had the opportubity to do some proper work there but was given a flat no. John Reilly also told me that nobody would be getting trackside next year unless they had a Mallory Season Press Pass
Old 28 Oct 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1446291)   #10
JRTM
Rookie

Ireland
Orlando, FL
JRTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this reply is a year out of date - sorry. I cannot actually see the picture on my PC for some reason however I suspect the car is my Crossle 19F. I am guessing because Simon Hadfield was testing it around that time. I had only just bought it from Bill Wood at the time and have run it three times in 2005. As you will know it is the only one of its kind and was ex-Ken Fildes in 1970/71. Currently the engine is the problem so the winter will see it being re-built. If the picture is a nice one I would like to see it and perhaps get a copy?

John Monson
Old 28 Oct 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1446318)   #11
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
Baz I spoke to both Mallory & John Reilly two weeks ago as I had the opportubity to do some proper work there but was given a flat no. John Reilly also told me that nobody would be getting trackside next year unless they had a Mallory Season Press Pass
Good grief.
For any meeting, or just for FF?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1446326)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
It was allegedly for every meeting but a lot of it was hot air...there have been some problems there this year (like me signing on with the BRSCC who were insistent that nobody got trackside without their say so only to be sent back by one of Reilly's guys to sign on with him to...and last time I was there no proper passes were available so they scribbled one out on a piece of paper...fortunately I still had a big BRSCC one attached to my strap and that passed muster)
I will be interested to see what the arrangements are for 2006 now BARC are running the show
Old 28 Oct 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1446380)   #13
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
It was allegedly for every meeting but a lot of it was hot air...there have been some problems there this year (like me signing on with the BRSCC who were insistent that nobody got trackside without their say so only to be sent back by one of Reilly's guys to sign on with him to...and last time I was there no proper passes were available so they scribbled one out on a piece of paper...fortunately I still had a big BRSCC one attached to my strap and that passed muster)
I will be interested to see what the arrangements are for 2006 now BARC are running the show
I signed on at what I assume is Reilly's hut at the bottom of the paddock and didn't have any problems this year. Hopefully it'll be the same in '06 but since I only cover one club event there each year it's not too desperate. Must be a right pain if you're a regular visitor.