Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Nov 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1471249)   #1
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 Top Hat dates posted!

Hi all,

Hot off the, er, email from Julius, just a 'heads up' to let you know I've posted the (provisional) 2006 Top Hat dates up on the (old) Top Hat website...

http://www.tophatracing.co.uk/dates.html

The website itself meanwhile has been completely tuned up and redesigned , and the new version will be going live in the next couple of weeks, with some new features, better design, and easier navigation....hopefully!

Regards,

James W
(TH Webmaster)
Old 27 Nov 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1471463)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James - great calender - nice to see a Thruxton date!! Will sports racers be eligible for Best of British?
Old 27 Nov 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1471598)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Don't see any mention of FIA compliance for the Groovy Baby 70's, have they dropped that?
Old 27 Nov 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1471706)   #4
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys,

I'd like to answer both your questions, but alas i'm just the monkey not the organ grinder!

Suggest you contact Julius with both these queries, or wait for a couple of weeks until the new site is up, and I have all the new content from Julius!

Regards,

James
Old 28 Nov 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1471868)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think Groovy Baby was ever FIA it was only Top Hat and Cloth Cap that were
Old 28 Nov 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1471896)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Al,

As I told you previously there is no FIA technical compliance for Groovy baby but you do have to comply with Group 1 regs. However if you want to race abroad you need to comply with FIA safety regs.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1471927)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Top Hat is fia in spirit. its not enforced but requested. ie most of us play ball and a few couldn't give a flying . . . . . . cos they MUST WIN !

I'll be tweaking a bit over the winter to try and hang on their coat tails
Old 28 Nov 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1472474)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry must have misread something along the way, I would like to get the beast out in one of these meetings.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1472476)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If your car races in post historics with the CTCRC it qualifies. Its the same regs.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1472479)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Good cause it is 100% compliant with those regs. Hopefully when I change the sticking rear brake calipers and the other work I have just completed it may be a little more competitive.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1472481)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
But the RAC MSA safety regs are different to the FIA so if you want to race overseas you'll have to comply with the FIA safety regs.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1472503)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I won't be racing overseas can't be asked, too expensive, too much time off work, I have a small business and have to be there personally, I intend to pick and choose a few meetings here and there with different clubs at venues I like and steer clear of ones I don't, just doing it purely for fun, nothing else.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1474171)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Out of interest I've compared the dates with the new for 2006 Dunlop Race package. The following are the dates that include a Top Hat Series race.

01 – 02 April Snetterton (GB and BoB)

27 – 28 May Rockingham (GB and BoB)

05 – 06 August Thruxton (GB and BoB)

21 – 22 October Donington Park (I think this should be 24/25th October GB and BoB)
So it seems Julius is looking at the 70's Saloons and Best of British as his ambassodors on this package.

Once again work may well get in the way but I might be on for a couple of these.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1474255)   #14
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they will also be at the Castle Combe rounds of the Dunlop package on the 24/25th June.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1474257)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
All good Camaro tracks Peter, I havent tried the Rock but the other three are amoungst my favourites.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 06:25 (Ref:1474382)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I think they will also be at the Castle Combe rounds of the Dunlop package on the 24/25th June.
Oops. Apologies I missed that one.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1474409)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

What is the Dunlop Race package and are sports prototypes eligible?
Old 1 Dec 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1474410)   #18
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any significant difference between Top Hat Groovy Baby and CTCRC Group 1 (apart from the fact the later admits early 80s cars)?
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1474491)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon - do a forum search on "Great and British" and you should find some more information about the package. It includes Radicals, Ginettas, MINIs and more.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1474505)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Simon - do a forum search on "Great and British" and you should find some more information about the package. It includes Radicals, Ginettas, MINIs and more.
I think you have told me all I need to know about it! Not for FIA cars methinks.....
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1474528)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Best of British and Groovy Baby! will be regular support categories, it seems.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1474600)   #22
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should stress that the final content of the Dunlop Great and British Festivals will not be announced until next month, so until then any calendars that list guest slots at the Festivals (apart from the core G+B championships of Mini, Radical and Ginetta) remain provisional.

James Bailey
Dunlop
Old 1 Dec 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1474645)   #23
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Indeed, the Top Hat calendar page states clearly that all of its' 2006 dates are provisional.....

Regards,

James W
Top hat Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriversKnow
I should stress that the final content of the Dunlop Great and British Festivals will not be announced until next month, so until then any calendars that list guest slots at the Festivals (apart from the core G+B championships of Mini, Radical and Ginetta) remain provisional.

James Bailey
Dunlop
Old 1 Dec 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1474677)   #24
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HSCC seem to have got there calendar organised provisionally at least anyway according to the website. Anyone got any comments to make? I'm not too sure about Croix weekend having been before and was slightly dissapointed not to see Thruxton on there again. Definately regretting missing it now. Other than that looks pretty good.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1474684)   #25
simon drabble
Veteran

Thruxton was always going to be difficult as its a BARC track and they affiliate to CRCC as opposed to HSCC being with BRDC (hence Silverstone!). I also missed it and like you I regretted it as I live 5 miles away!!!