Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1556869)   #1
shugruah
Rookie

Portugal
Porto
shugruah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kimi's bad luck forecast

pick your cristal balls up and tell me how bad 2006 is going to be for kimi.

more engine explosions, more tenths places down the grid,
more suspension failures, more tyres explosions,
more "less competents" team mates,
more "safety cars just when for the 1st time in the entire season i manage to win a small gap to alonso",
more "if not this and if not that i would have won all races", ... or not???
Old 22 Mar 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1557378)   #2
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More unjustified Montoya bashing.
more justified Montoya bashing,
more unjustified McLaren bashing,
more unjustified RD bashing.

just a couple of my predictions.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1557410)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You forgot "unjustified Jacques bashing", too. See, it gets its way into McLaren topics even!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1557616)   #4
BriannaBee
Rookie

Canada
Canada
BriannaBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia is going to be a typical race for Kimi. He'll qualify on pole by a good margin with a no stop fuel load. As they're sitting on the grid waiting for the lights to go out, his right rear suspension will fail, followed quickly by the left rear, right front and left front suspensions. To everyone's amazement, his tires will self-puncture as both the front and rear wings detach. Then, in a further stunning development, his engine explodes in a massive blast of smoke and flame. The monocoque disintegrates around him and he's left sitting on the pavement.

You never know. With his luck, it could happen.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1557713)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to see the no-stop fuel load.

Unless you aren't saying that in fuel tank capacity terms, but rather it is no-stop because the distance is not reached where one is needed.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1557881)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaBee
Australia is going to be a typical race for Kimi. He'll qualify on pole by a good margin with a no stop fuel load. As they're sitting on the grid waiting for the lights to go out, his right rear suspension will fail, followed quickly by the left rear, right front and left front suspensions. To everyone's amazement, his tires will self-puncture as both the front and rear wings detach. Then, in a further stunning development, his engine explodes in a massive blast of smoke and flame. The monocoque disintegrates around him and he's left sitting on the pavement.

But folks - it might happen!!

Welcome to this forum BriannaBee - keep up your sense of humour.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1558116)   #7
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Australia is going to be a typical race for Kimi. He'll qualify on pole by a good margin with a no stop fuel load. As they're sitting on the grid waiting for the lights to go out, his right rear suspension will fail, followed quickly by the left rear, right front and left front suspensions.
Despite all that, he will still manage to drive the car to the pits, fix it, make it to the lead again and then..........

Quote:
To everyone's amazement, his tires will self-puncture as both the front and rear wings detach. Then, in a further stunning development, his engine explodes in a massive blast of smoke and flame. The monocoque disintegrates around him and he's left sitting on the pavement.

Old 23 Mar 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1558438)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know McLarens were messages that self-destruct in 5 seconds!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1558491)   #9
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its inspector gadget! I mean Ron Dennis

It may be selective memory but a lot of kimi's 'kuh thuds' seem to be on the right side of the car. Maybe he should switch the sides of the mechanics for once and crash because the left side broke!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1558538)   #10
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad Luck is just a poor excuse for incompetance.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1558556)   #11
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a little harsh Oak...I am not a kimi fan and think it was pretty incompotant to fall off his boat but he really has nothing to do with a rear wing failure or a suspension failure. He didn't assemble the car
Old 23 Mar 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1558559)   #12
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
avs, I guess he meant incompetence of the team.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1558683)   #13
BriannaBee
Rookie

Canada
Canada
BriannaBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop

But folks - it might happen!!

Welcome to this forum BriannaBee - keep up your sense of humour.
Thanks for the welcome. To be a Kimi fan you need a sense of humour - otherwise it's just too depressing!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1558695)   #14
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
To be a Kimi fan you need a sense of humour
+1.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1558707)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see an abundance of bad luck for Kimi thus far this year. A few pre race difficulties in Bahrain.....nothing since.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1558714)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think Malaysia's accident is being counted.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1558716)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well....I said on the day that I thought the McLaren boys were so busy fighting each other that one of them got caught out.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1558727)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
It is racing.

I don't consider mechanical failures bad luck either: they are just the result of inadequate preparation.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1558730)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

But that isn't down to the driver, so it is bad luck that he has chosen/been given the car that wasn't prepared properly.

But it isn't luck from the team perspective. If you see what I mean!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1558749)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I don't classify it as bad luck for the driver either. The driver makes the choice to be in the the team he is in, and thus accepts racing in the machinery they provide for him.

If they are unlucky when a car fails, then they are lucky when it doesn't.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1558753)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I imagine that goes without saying!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1558758)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I guess then it is two different ways of looking at it:

1) They are lucky when it doesn't fail, and unlucky when it does.

2) Luck is not involved.

I follow (2).
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1558761)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, i feel there is an element of luck.

But you make your own luck to some extent.

So.....I follow (1.5).
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1558765)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Please explain "luck" as you consider it to be then.

For me the idea of luck and self-direction are in utterly incompatible.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1558778)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Are you saying there is no such thing as luck in life in general, or is this specific to the topic in hand?