Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Aug 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1978610)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Where are they now ?

I was just thinking about various drivers than seem to have gone missing over the oast few years ..... anyone got any answers please ?

Vincenzo Sospiri,Soames Langton,Andre Ahrle,Christian Pescatori,Didier Cottaz,Frank Jelinski,Peirluigi Martini,Mimmo Schiattarella,Boris Derichebourg,David Terrian.....

Last I remember of Soames Langton , he had a massive accident in a Porscge 911 GT2 somewhere in Britain ..... But I never did hear much about him since ?
Old 1 Aug 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1978625)   #2
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found this by Yahoo-ing Pierluigi Martini... one of those great names.

"Martini came back to motorsports in 2006, competing in the prestigious GP Masters series."
Old 1 Aug 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1978649)   #3
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I was just thinking about various drivers than seem to have gone missing over the oast few years ..... anyone got any answers please ?

Vincenzo Sospiri,Soames Langton,Andre Ahrle,Christian Pescatori,Didier Cottaz,Frank Jelinski,Peirluigi Martini,Mimmo Schiattarella,Boris Derichebourg,David Terrian.....

Last I remember of Soames Langton , he had a massive accident in a Porscge 911 GT2 somewhere in Britain ..... But I never did hear much about him since ?
They'll be about somewhere!
Vicenzo drove the Lamborghini at Le Mans and he was at the wheel when it crashed heavily in qualifying.

They'll be racing in "lesser" cars that you wouldn't expect, GT2 and GT3 cars. Doesn't Pescatori race a Masterati MC12 or a prototype or a front running 430 or 360? I've heard his name recently.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1978655)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Jelinski raced in the Ring 24 this year, Soames' accident was in a BPR race, his injuries were I believe quite severe.

It was Marco Appicella in the Lambo at Le mans
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:28 (Ref:1978664)   #5
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Jelinski raced in the Ring 24 this year, Soames' accident was in a BPR race, his injuries were I believe quite severe.

It was Marco Appicella in the Lambo at Le mans
Yes it was Graham, I stand corrected. Sorry!

I remembered he was Italian but...
Old 1 Aug 2007, 23:44 (Ref:1978676)   #6
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Vincenzo Sospiri retired from racing in 2001 he is now team manager for the Euronova in Italian F3000. Does Italian F3000 still exist? I found that info on Wikipedia.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 06:43 (Ref:1978784)   #7
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Soames' accident was in a BPR race, his injuries were I believe quite severe.
I recall seeing this a few months ago on the Atlas Fourm page, it was written by someone close to the family.

Quote:
He is fit and well, unfortunately he has a condition called "locked in syndrome" which basically means that he undersrands everything that is going on etc but lacks the means to communicate at this time. He is receiving ongoing treatment and the family hope that one day he will talk again.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1978982)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Holy crap ..... !!!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1979063)   #9
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Vincenzo injured his shoulder at the end of the 1999 season........the operation to repair the damage was not initially successful.........I seem to recall him testing or racing the Den Bla Avis Panoz a year or so later but not feeling wholly comfortable in the car. I believe he now manages some younger drivers in Italy.

Mimmo raced for Rafanelli in the ALMS both in the Lola and the 550 but has now I think retired, as did Martini after his Le Mans victory in 1999.

David Terrien I saw last year working out in the Middle East at Bahrain I think.....though it could have been Dubai.......he was somewhat disillusioned with the way the Labre team handled the finale of the 2002 FIA GT season at Estoril, splitting him and eventual champion, Christophe Bouchut, and drifted out of competition.

Christian Pescatori was racing full time right up to 2006 for BMS Scuderia Italia, GPC and JMB..........not sure what he is doing this season.

Soames Langton suffered severe head injuries at the Nogaro round of the BPR in 1996, despite excellent emergency treatment in France and back here in the UK he did not recover and remains in a condition as already described. He had already had two big shunts earlier in the year at Le Mans and also Brands Hatch..........to add to his family's distress his father had been killed racing at Brands Hatch almost exactly 10 years before Soames' accident.

Most of the others mentioned have retired or drifted out of the sport.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1979093)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

Thanks for the info ..... you got a big brain capacity ?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1979095)   #11
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the info ..... you got a big brain capacity ?

No brains.......just scars along the way
Old 2 Aug 2007, 14:34 (Ref:1979098)   #12
EuropaBambaataa
Racer

Portugal
EuropaBambaataa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sospiri is still running Euronova. They're in Formula Master now.

Cottaz seems to be a racing driver instructor now.

I like electronic boom-boom-boom sounds. So what?
Old 2 Aug 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1979102)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

Cottaz was brilliant to watch in a Courage C60 , with the GV4 in it !!!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 15:32 (Ref:1979139)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Vincenzo also qualified a Brunswick Motorsport Lotus Elise in British GT a few years back - The car broke before the race though.

He is the 'brother in law' of Brunswick guvnor Giles Groombridge
Old 6 Aug 2007, 01:08 (Ref:1982087)   #15
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Emanuele Naspetti?

http://www.fiagt.com/driverinfo.php?...nuele+Naspetti
Old 6 Aug 2007, 02:56 (Ref:1982118)   #16
viperada
Rookie

United States
Roanoke, Virginia
viperada should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever happen to Laurent Redon, last i remember he ran with Pescarolo in 2001 and ran indy car in the USA in 2002. Has he done anything since then?

Also what about Yannick Dalmas?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1982875)   #17
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about pierre henri raphanel?, aint seen much of him around, if i can recall he won lemans in 1993 or 1992 in the peugeot 905 as well.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1982926)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
As of 2006 he was working for Bugatti as what I suppose might be called a pre-sales consultant

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...d4bugatti.html

To the best of my recollection he didn't win Le Mans, but he did pull a mighty blinder with the Courage (Cougar) in 1987 splitting the Jags at the test day, qualifying well up there for the real thing, and finishing 3rd overall - an achievement seriously worthy of some respect given the opposition that year.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 05:32 (Ref:1983089)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
what about pierre henri raphanel?, aint seen much of him around, if i can recall he won lemans in 1993 or 1992 in the peugeot 905 as well.
Nope ..... RAff didnt win le mans . He last drove a Panoz LMP1 for the works team about 6 years back . Last i did hear was he was doing some commentary for french tv .

1993 was Bouchet-Helray-Brabham and 1992 was Warwick-Blundell-Dalmas .
Old 7 Aug 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1983113)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Redon runs a race driver school at Magny Cours I think
Old 8 Aug 2007, 08:26 (Ref:1983793)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

What about Julian Bailey and Mark Blundell ?
Old 8 Aug 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1983863)   #22
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blundell is part of ITV's F1 coverage, he does pre & post race analysis with the main presenter Steve Rider.

The idea of Brundle & Blundell racing together in an Aston Martin at Le Mans never happened which was a pity. They still have 2MB, a driver management company, together though.

http://www.mark-blundell.com