Old 13 May 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1608791)   #1
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That "Swiftcover" car

The 2001 Jordan, yeah?

Also thought I'd just say how much I hate this company sponsoring F1 on ITV! The ad looks so cheap!
Old 13 May 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1608796)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it is an EJ11, yes.

For those not in the know, these are the advert links for the British ITV coverage.

They are cripplingly unfunny, and make me want to pull my toenails out.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1608803)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I prefer them to the paper blowing away that they had a couple of years ago. Still, there could be a challenge to the shining wits here to come up with a similar advert based on the problems of internet-based insurance?
Old 13 May 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1608806)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I would like to reply to the above post,but i'm currently held in a queue.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1608810)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
These ads are seriously tedious.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1608815)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
These ads are seriously tedious.
Thanks for that Monster,your post is important to us.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1608820)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
they make me wanna cry its a waste of electricity them adverts.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1608823)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not for me, my TV is programmed to switch off as they come on.
Old 13 May 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1608830)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Not for me, my TV is programmed to switch off as they come on.
So how do you know they are on in the first place?
Old 13 May 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1608831)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Because Monster informs me in the chatroom.
Old 13 May 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1608834)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fuel rig problems. The line is busy.

I've got an electrical fault.

And so on.
Old 13 May 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1608851)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Because Monster informs me in the chatroom.
Its the only humane thing to do.
Old 13 May 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1608853)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They made me chuckle a bit the first time.

Can't expect them to on repeat viewings, but it's only a sponsor.
Old 13 May 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1608859)   #14
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a group of people, us F1 fans don't half whinge.

Although they are tedious. I think all the ITV-F1 sponsor snippets have been annoying, from Toyota, through to that newspaper (can't remember which one) and last years LG one... they're all annoying.

This Swiftcover one is a play on thier standalone advertising campaign, which for them makes sense.
Old 13 May 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1608862)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Texaco ones were OK!
Old 13 May 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1608883)   #16
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
These ones look cheap though, the other ones at least looked somewhat proffesional.
Old 13 May 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1608976)   #17
littlefarny
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
littlefarny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I smiled at each one the first time I saw them, but the problem with having at least 10 shown during a race program is the originality, they are annoying when you know them.

As for the car, I thought it was an FPA
Old 13 May 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1609062)   #18
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im getting fed up of ITV!

Once again they messed it up! They went to adverts when Liuzzi spun his car, the safety car came out and they went to adverts then we came back and they had missed the restart!

Bring back the BBC! So much better in every way, not to mention sponsorship of the programme! Now its F1 for morons!

It frustrates me that so many people know whats going on n James Allen ruins it!

I was wondering about the car on sunday when I was watching the GP
Old 13 May 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1609103)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Click click don't cluck cluck.

I always liked the Toyota sponsorship of F1 on ITV.
Old 14 May 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1609337)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
At the risk of going over old ground, the BBC only started showing qualifying live towardss the end of their coverage, probably more to give people a positive memory of their days than anything else.
Old 14 May 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1609766)   #21
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actual, think its really funny,
At least they have a varity versions of it.
I got fed up of That LG sponshership last year.

I wonder how much the chickens got paid
Old 14 May 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1609768)   #22
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh so advertising works!
Old 14 May 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1609772)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzF1rocks

I wonder how much the chickens got paid
They were on loan from KFC,they just got to live a little longer.
Old 14 May 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1609819)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
At the risk of going over old ground, the BBC only started showing qualifying live towardss the end of their coverage, probably more to give people a positive memory of their days than anything else.
The sport grew and by the end they could justify showing it all live especially as Damon was dong so well - they did not do it to give good memories. That is a definite jump of imagination. Still if you keep saying it...
Old 14 May 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1609830)   #25
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They are cripplingly unfunny, and make me want to pull my toenails out.
Agreed... I'm absolutely astonished some of you find them funny!