Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1675478)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
The great CELEBRATORY Jenson Button Thread

Does it take a South African to start one? :P

Not his biggest fan but congrats to Jenson on his 1st win! Who would have thought it!

He was about the only driver to have a faultless race today!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1675486)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Thoroughly deserved - kept his head and drove calmly in difficult weather conditions, benefited from others dropping out just like a lot of winners do, kept it on the road and Honda managed to get the tactics right for once. Add to that the fact that he started 14th through no fault of his own and you've got what has to be one of the most impressive drives of the season from anybody.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1675489)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats to Jenson on his first win. May there be many more to come
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1675490)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A great drive, and I said before, i NEVER thought I would see this day. I am thoroughly glad to have proven wrong.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1675494)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EERO
A great drive, and I said before, i NEVER thought I would see this day. I am thoroughly glad to have proven wrong.
I have to join you here.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1675499)   #6
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Jenson

I have posted two Podium fotos of him on the Motorsport Photography and Art forum.

They were taken by me from the Telly,so thay are not 100% quality but still celebrate his first F1 win.

Paula Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Congrats to Jenson on his first win. May there be many more to come
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1675500)   #7
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hats off to Jenson! What a drive and what a way to win your first race.. Absolutely brilliant..

Starting from 14th to win a wet race is the stuff legends are made of. Hopefully, like Hill who also won his first race at Hungary 1993, Button will go on to win at least one championship. He's without a doubt among the top 3 drivers in F1. Now its just the matter of machinery.

What strikes me most about the win is how flawless, alongwith Alonso, he was under wet conditions. I have to say he and Alonso are currently the two rainmasters.

Forza Button!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1675501)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Congrats to Jense,is Dad,Mum,family,team,Honda,God (at last he delivers),dogs,cats etc.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1675503)   #9
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brilliant. A clear win and a good tune on the podium at last.

Altogether a SENSATIONAL Race. Drama after Drama after drama.... but in the end, Jenson just quietly did his job and slipped through the net for his fantastic maiden Win. Brilliant (again)
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1675505)   #10
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Does it take a South African to start one? :P
All us Brits are still out celebrating!!!!! woooo..Go Jenson!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1675512)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive Jenson....like so many i doubted weather it would ever happen but a quality win when it did come...
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1675519)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantasic, I am really pleased for Jenson. Lets hope there many many more wins to come.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1675521)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats Button, that was a well deserved win.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:26 (Ref:1675523)   #14
Sideways-Fast
Rookie

Sideways-Fast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So many doubters!! hehehe

What a great way to open your account! You all saw the talent behind the hype today. From the attitudes on here, it seems as though this is the first race he's ever run without a mistake. I reckon he makes the fewest mistakes of any driver in this era! Smooth, consistent, determined. What a guy..

Give it to 'em Jense! ( yes, it's about bloody time!) Get in there!!

Neil
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1675526)   #15
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, at last! What a way to win your first race. Top job Jenson, I'm very pleased for him.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1675531)   #16
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James Hunt always said when he got the first win, knowing he could do it took the pressure off and the second and subsequent ones came more easily. I suspect that jensen will now follow this pattern. Congrats Jenson great to have another engish winner. Nigel Mansell is looking a bit sick now having called him an over paid failure this week.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1675532)   #17
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not his biggest fan, but congradulations anyway!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1675540)   #18
GoJenseGo
Rookie

Gabon
Bedford, UK
GoJenseGo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As my user name would suggest, I'm very happy!

It's taken so long and I'm not convinced there will be more this year but in my eyes it came from finally getting the missing element, good fortune, on his side.

Jenson VERY rarely makes mistakes and I think for the last 3 seasons there has barely been a race where he could has gotten any more from his car; today it all clicked and Honda will, I'm sure, also start to believe that bit more in themselves.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1675543)   #19
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One win does not a Jenson make...

Now he needs to win the championship!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1675545)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Congratulations Jenson, very much deserved
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1675547)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unlike so many I knew this first victory would come some day for Jenson, although it can be argued other's fell off in front doesn't that in a backwards way say that Jenson was better in being able to hold it together.

A sweet sweet day, and the playing of God Save the Queen for a driver has been missed!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1675550)   #22
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
James Hunt always said when he got the first win, knowing he could do it took the pressure off and the second and subsequent ones came more easily. I suspect that jensen will now follow this pattern. Congrats Jenson great to have another engish winner. Nigel Mansell is looking a bit sick now having called him an over paid failure this week.
Jolly good!

his career has been like watching a train wreck...as bad as it seemed, you just couldn't take your eyes off of it!

Congrats, and here's hoping that this will open the floodgates to greater things!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1675551)   #23
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell, Jenson! The first race I miss in ages and you go and win it!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1675555)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive Button. Probably his best to date, good work by the team as well.

Unfortunately he's going to be remembered as somewhat of a madman with that expression:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/30413/
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1675561)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
One win does not a Jenson make...

Now he needs to win the championship!
Well, you have to start with one step.