Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1872363)   #1
vidal
Rookie

Belgium
Netherlands
vidal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi's Yamaha Slow?

Does anybody why the Yamaha is so slow at Qatar? Was it a bad setup of the bike or is it just the lack of top speed with this new 800cc engine? I really hope that they can catch up the speed at Jerez this weekend!

[mod]Website address removed, See FAQ fora flavour of the whys. Cheers.[/mod]

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Mar 2007 at 19:08.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1872380)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it was all down to horsepower. If you watched the race, then you could see the difference on the long Qatar front straight. However, nobody had Rossi's corner entry speed into Turn 1. How many times did Pedrosa catch and pass Rossi on the front straight only for Rossi to re-take the position at Turn 1? And you could see that Rossi had the better bike in the twisty bits.

Watching Stoner come out of the last corner, sit up, look over his shoulder, then resume his tuck and blow by Rossi was a clear indicator that Ducati has the muscle. Not to mention, Rossi couldn't even slip-stream Stoner, because he couldn't get close enough.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. And welcome to Ten Tenths!

Although, I'm wondering why someone from a motogp website would be asking this question...
Old 20 Mar 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1872396)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps the last line is the explanation
Old 20 Mar 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1872402)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, I am looking at my little "moderation" tab.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1872409)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Be moderate, though
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1872489)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite simply, the Yamaha's engine is rubbish.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1872519)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be a different story at the twisty tracks - they may be down on horsepower, but it looked like the best-handling bike out there. If that straight was half the length, Rossi would have probably won with Stoner 3rd at best. It's a shame when championships start with atypical racetracks - leaves us guessing and jumping to conclusions for a lot longer.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1872542)   #8
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It's a shame when championships start with atypical racetracks - leaves us guessing and jumping to conclusions for a lot longer.
Yes I think it's a right point, "But On the other Side" (pun intended ) of the argument , looking at it positive way, it is interesting to guess who can do what in the next GPs.

I will be looking for the first practice times in Jerez. How fast is Ducati there? How good is Yamaha's chassis in the twisty parts? How strong Dani Pedrosa will be in home ground? All those are different factors comparing with Qatar.

Interesting... hopefully.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1872555)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yamaha should lead the class in Jerez. It is twisty and tight and the straights not so damaging.

It's an exaggeration to call the engine rubbish of course. It is good, apart from the top end. Which is not vital to the title race I suspect.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1872556)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ducati will be strong . especially in the race .. as it seems Bridgestone have very good race tyres .. they weren't fastest at Jerez test .. but neither were they in Qatar .. even with that big advantage down the straight .. but then race came ... and we all know the story ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1872567)   #11
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

This thread is full of mods

Normal human beings can post as well, I would suppose
Old 20 Mar 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1872579)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
who are you calling .. normal .. . you .. you .. host

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1872645)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Touché!

Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1872650)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hmmm, twelve posts and two mods have posted.

Schummy, your eyes are failing you!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1872664)   #15
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

jhansen is a rocker and a mod at the same time.

Bootsy is everything he wants.

You and Dani are valued as two mods each

Obviously there is Adam, who we all descend from.

However, I admit my fault wrongly taking the opener as a mod, at first sight I thought he was an Evil Fruit
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1872667)   #16
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But a mod has edited. So it's really three...well...now four...
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1872682)   #17
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Yes, four of them are here.

Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:47 (Ref:1872807)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
A rocker? I thought that was DavidStHubbins...

I would close this thread, but Hazza or Schummy would probably re-open it.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 06:01 (Ref:1872836)   #19
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

We are attracted by any thread who says Rossi is slow

Close it if you like, but ask Hazza first!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 08:01 (Ref:1872876)   #20
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who of the moderators or forum hosts do I complain to about all this off-topic nonsense???
Old 21 Mar 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1872914)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uuuuhhhhhhhhh....

Knowlesy. He holds no juristiction here.

On a serious note: Do we have anything to talk about here?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1873051)   #22
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I suppose Rossi's Yamaha is one of the hottest issues in bike racing, because this one of the most active threads in the forum

This kind of threads are my home ground. Here people doesn't speak about those things... bikes I think they call them.

Who are those who people speak of? Who are Micky Hayton, Fanny Petrossian, Vittoriano Rosso or Cassy Stoker? I will never understand this complicated world of... bikes, ezpeletas, mamolas, etc.

(((maybe marcus is sane enough to close this sick thread; at least he is the only one not implicated by now)))
Old 21 Mar 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1873179)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Jesus.....
Old 21 Mar 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1873275)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Anyway I shall be watching the race sitting here in Spain with a few beers but on my terestial tv . My Spanish isn't bad but the commentator will talk non stop about Pedrosa as he did about Gib last year. Who will Rossi knock into the kitty litter on the last bend this year ? any bets!!!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1873376)   #25
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Edwards. He is used to it, anyway (Assen was funny).
Closed Thread