Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Nov 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1765213)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Briscoe looses a podium !!

Once again Briscoe looses a podium due to bad luck. It was only his 2nd start in Champ Car. He did well in the Indyracing League earlier this year.

I can't beleive this guy has not a regular seat in any category. He could be a title contender in any champhionship.

I am dissapointed in the lack of intelligence of the team managers in autoracing !!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1765356)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im sure he is pushing for a full time ride next year.

he has had bad luck in his 2 starts but showed some good speed and Im sure there is more to come.

Briscoe will be fine , he will land a ride somewhere im sure (Champcars , Indycars , V8 supercars)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1765377)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe he'd do well in a full ChampCar season next year. It's hard to tell, as he's had so many bad seasons in recent years. F3000 was an embarassment, IRL didn't work out on the ovals, and he's largely unproven in ChampCar so far. He probably got this 2-race chance due to one of the races being in his homeland, rather than purely on merit.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1765380)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has he loooked behind the cushion?

He does need a regular drive though.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1765423)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he did pretty well and I'm sure whatever rusport morphs into the new team owners may want to keep him on especially if wilson goes to forsythe.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 00:45 (Ref:1765432)   #6
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
He probably got this 2-race chance due to one of the races being in his homeland, rather than purely on merit.
Even though his homeland track was one he's never run in before?

This guy is a serious talent. He has beaten all of the brand names to the 2003 F3 Euroseries title and pretty much shone (depsite bad luck) in anything else he's put his hand to.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 00:51 (Ref:1765435)   #7
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I think he did pretty well and I'm sure whatever rusport morphs into the new team owners may want to keep him on especially if wilson goes to forsythe.
hope so

I guess they will wait to see how Chrisiano is going before making any desions

btw...sorry for going off topic but hows he doing
Old 14 Nov 2006, 02:00 (Ref:1765461)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think da matta will return to racing for a while, but we'll see.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 02:01 (Ref:1765462)   #9
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I don't think da matta will return to racing for a while, but we'll see.
yeah i know - just asking thats all
Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1765493)   #10
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
briscoe deserves a full time seat in champ car. I remember he was testing for the pvk seat againt legge and leggie got it. so how is she doing? she out did herself at surfers hahaha. I can't stand when teams go for marketing and sponsorship money over racing talent.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1765715)   #11
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still think Ryan would be doing better than Jarno or Ralf at Toyota. It's all in the timing I guess. I'd be surprised if he misses out of a full time Champ car seat next yr.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1765738)   #12
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
He probably got this 2-race chance due to one of the races being in his homeland, rather than purely on merit.
Rather disagree. Rusport would have had no motivation for that. I think the tests he did with PKV and Rusport were the reason he was picked.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1765804)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think after that steller performance in Mexico even though the resaults wern't on the board he drove well up untill the blowout,any team manager who dosn't even have a look at him where there is a seat avalible has no idea he deserves a seat he is a real talent and to drive that good in only your 2nd start is wonderful bad luck has foiled a good run in both his starts .