Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Jan 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2102864)   #1
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Setanta/NASN coverage?

Quick one here, should be easy!

Does anyone know if subscribers to Setanta are still gonna get NASCAR coverage in 08? Doesnt mention it in the flyer they sent me last week.

I know I could call, but coulndnt be bothered with press1 for coffee, 2 for coffee with sugar, 3 to be re-directed, blah blah.................

Steve
Old 9 Jan 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2102869)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Off-topic
Last weekend the ARCA Daytona race was at Motors TV. I think they show more ARCA races in the next weeks.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2102898)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, NASN say they will be showing it next year. Or so they told me.

From the start as well, unlike last year.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2102920)   #4
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers, all is well then!

Steve
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2102932)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I hope so. They seemed convinced of it anyways.

I'm still not 100% confident until it is announced!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2102964)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Off-topic
Last weekend the ARCA Daytona race was at Motors TV. I think they show more ARCA races in the next weeks.
They are showing selected 2007 season races.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2102966)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

We lost our Sky dish in the storm last night, so that's nice of them to put ARCA on now.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2113384)   #8
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
jethro10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
Quick one here, should be easy!

Does anyone know if subscribers to Setanta are still gonna get NASCAR coverage in 08? Doesnt mention it in the flyer they sent me last week.

I know I could call, but coulndnt be bothered with press1 for coffee, 2 for coffee with sugar, 3 to be re-directed, blah blah.................

Steve
I'm fairly sure that last year (after the Daytona race) it was anounced they had signed a 2 year deal with options, so we are ok for this year at least.

Later they said the Busch races would be added as a "bonus", I would much prefer the Trucks though.. Anyone know How I can get those?

Jeff
Old 25 Jan 2008, 15:25 (Ref:2113410)   #9
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if the Daytona 500 will be on C5/nascar.com this year?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 30 Jan 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2117100)   #10
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
And now Nasns site has the "Nascar Now" series re-stating in a few days.

Early morning, 3.00am I think it was, 4th or 5th Feb starts.

Jeff

Last edited by jethro10; 30 Jan 2008 at 15:29.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2117216)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really don't like the way they advertise live busch series (old name) and also NASCAR now keeping you up to date with Cup and Trucks (old names). Don't sound as though they will show cup....to....me....
Old 30 Jan 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2117275)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I have just read on Digital Spy it appears that NASCAR will be live on Sky Sports this year.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2117294)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Sky Sports? Oh my...
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2117811)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great so gettig setanta was basically pointless...
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2117813)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, they are showing Nationwide and NASCAR Now if that is any consolation.

And you never know, maybe they will show Cup as well as Sky Sports.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2117818)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/por...nnel=nasnextra

NASN has the Bud Shootout scheduled for 10th February.

What really hacks me off about this is nobody is coming out and saying anything. Why can't someone keep us informed or make announcements? We effectively have to find out for ourselves every frickin' year!
Old 31 Jan 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2117847)   #17
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, i need a digital decoder asap than, i can receive NASN in Holland too so that would be cool to watch it on tv rather than on a bad buffering livestream...
Old 31 Jan 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2117883)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Hmm, i need a digital decoder asap than, i can receive NASN in Holland too so that would be cool to watch it on tv rather than on a bad buffering livestream...
In Holland you get only NASN 1, which covers Nationwide Series. Sometimes live but most of the season as-live next day. I think Sport1 shows only a few Sprint Cup races live (i.e. Daytona 500). So to watch Sprint Cup most of the season you are still forced to an internet stream. It's a shame Sport1 isn't doing all races live.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 17:34 (Ref:2117910)   #19
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
In Holland you get only NASN 1, which covers Nationwide Series. Sometimes live but most of the season as-live next day. I think Sport1 shows only a few Sprint Cup races live (i.e. Daytona 500). So to watch Sprint Cup most of the season you are still forced to an internet stream. It's a shame Sport1 isn't doing all races live.
THX for the information. Indeed a shame they only show one race...
Old 31 Jan 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2117982)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is just another reason to emigrate to America. Use this as motivation.
Old 1 Feb 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2118278)   #21
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It is just another reason to emigrate to America. Use this as motivation.
Treu , I might do myinternship in America so in maybe i can watch them live in 1 year
Old 1 Feb 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2118314)   #22
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things are really getting confusing now. I've just been browsing this topic on motorsportsforums.com , and the latest appears to be that Sky are only showing the 500, and do not have any plans to show the rest of the series. NASN/Sultana are showing Nationwide series, and Channel Five still have the terrestrial rights for the Sprint Cup.

Frankly I think the no-one's going to know for definite what is going on until two weeks time.
Old 1 Feb 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2118393)   #23
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't suprise me at all. Remember that last year Channel 5 had a one-off delayed showing of the 500. Obviously it is being marketed separately so every chance it will be on a different channel to the rest of the series.
Old 1 Feb 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2118439)   #24
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Things are really getting confusing now. I've just been browsing this topic on motorsportsforums.com , and the latest appears to be that Sky are only showing the 500, and do not have any plans to show the rest of the series. NASN/Sultana are showing Nationwide series, and Channel Five still have the terrestrial rights for the Sprint Cup.

Frankly I think the no-one's going to know for definite what is going on until two weeks time.
Right!
Re sky: I contacted Ch5 last year to thank them for the Daytona 500.
They replied and said the rights for that race are always sold separately to the rest of the season.
Ch5 also said they only had rights for delayed highligh shows last year, not full coverage
Perhaps this helps.
Jeff
Old 2 Feb 2008, 01:04 (Ref:2118789)   #25
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooh I await with giddy anticipation the 50 page 500 thread!