Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Apr 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2175044)   #1
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toseland a dangerous rider??

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66527

Interesting to see both sides of the debate on this point. Particularly interested to see our dear world champions view on it. Of course, back when he was a MotoGP rookie he tended not to be on the bike long enough to be thinking about overtaking people.

Also, he is rather standing up for one of his own there isn't he too.

Can't say I saw anything that I haven't seen in just about every race seen in the last 10 years and everyone emerged with the body pointing up and the tyres down so no harm done.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2175100)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have heard James talking about this since Jerez and he is fairly open about it really.

The bike he was riding there was dfown on top speed a fair bit, he had an advantage on one corner and was taking advantage of it.

THe tyres on his Yamaha were getting better and better and maybe he is just a mite more aggressive than some of the riders out there.

It is no worse than anything Lemadri, Elias or Rossi has done in the past, remember Vale barged Gibernau out of the way to win there a few years back.

In reailty I believe on equal equipment JT probably wont need to be so aggressive coz with the old motor he couldnt get near enough in the draft to out brake. Maybe now he will be able to stay in the draft.

If you ask me it shows determination, racecraft and single mindedness.

Yes it's hard but no one wins world championships without being tough, remember Laconi at Laguna?
Old 11 Apr 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2175126)   #3
agosling
Racer

agosling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I definitely don't think JT is a dangerous rider, I think there are couple of points, as mentioned he was on a down on power bike, second he is new to the class so he is still finding his feet and last but not least, he is from WSBK where they race that hard all the time, and some of the people who are doing the complaining should be remembering that.

Truely dangerous riders, Rossi, because he thinks everyone should get out of his way, Pedrosa, because there are times when he just doesn't think, Elias, just because it's Elias. Compared to those riders, JT is positively mild mannered.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2175127)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hood hard racing IMO.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2175433)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stoner is great until he starts to talk.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2175488)   #6
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i thought this was about Toseland

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Apr 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2175490)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2175497)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watching from my purely objective non-partisan perch, it would appear the poms are bit rattled over this.

I'll have a look at the two races again and see what I think. It's probably just racing, but I also don't see anything to get excited about over on Toseland's side. In fact, it looks like he isn't too bothered at all.

Last edited by jhansen; 11 Apr 2008 at 20:13.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2175832)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Iirc, James hasn't knocked anyone off and it seem's that the stewards haven't been worried about his aggressiveness.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2176003)   #10
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Casey Moaner as I've heard him referred to as. The guys has noooo charisma.

JT has done and is doing nothing wrong. I see Tech 3 have already taken up the option on him for 09 which speaks volumes. I guess the established guys didn't expect JT to be so competitive and are a bit put out that the new bloke is mixing it with them.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2176058)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toesland isnt a dangerous rider IMO, agressive yes but then he comes from superbikes what do you expect? People just need to shut up and get on with the racing, unless of course Toesland does start to make some dangerous manovures and ends up hurting people, which to my knowledge he hasnt done.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2176069)   #12
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Spot on.

The bloke needs to keep his nose out of it. Take his slating of Donnington in the wet, pathetic!!

Loved his long face during quafying today.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2176081)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and I thought it was just the aussies

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Apr 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2176097)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
and I thought it was just the aussies
Old 13 Apr 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2176314)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm only Aussies can call us Poms J, you get to call us Limeys OK??

There is etiquette to this sledging y'know!
Old 13 Apr 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2176574)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toseland has been aggressive but fair in his first three races. About time there was a bit of fairing bashing... within reason.

This isn't 'After you' racing. These are men on machines trying to win.

He isn't knocking anyone off their machines, so stop whinging and get on with it.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 18:45 (Ref:2176580)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Great comment from Jamesi thought - "I get paid to pass people".

I'd say that he's earning his money this season.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2177184)   #18
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought of this thread when I saw an interview from JT saying he was too tentative at the start of the race

5th in the championship isn't a bad way to start his career, and a job assured for next season.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2177250)   #19
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does autosport know about bike racing!?!
Old 14 Apr 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2177269)   #20
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Toseland IS dangerous. Maybe dangerous enough for a podium pretty soon.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 07:44 (Ref:2177769)   #21
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
hard getting a podium at the moment .. it seems almost locked between the spanierds then rossi with Stoner in the mix .. add to that Hayden,dovizioso .. ..

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Apr 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2177963)   #22
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Edwards was 4th in Portugal, so the team know how to prepare the bike! The Yamaha is a really good bike this year. Wait until they go to a circuit were JT has track-knowledge, like Donington and Assen (where Edwards always goes well).