Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2102149)   #1
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen's helmet design

He's changed design again, as he does every year. I'm not sure I like this - I tend to prefer drivers to keep their helmet as a continuous identity.

But it makes me wonder now what Alonso's will look like this year.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2102189)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Alonso will go back to the '06 design but in the ING colours rather than the Mild Seven colours. I'd like to see his "classic" Spanish flag design make a comeback though.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 05:28 (Ref:2102341)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So what does Kimi's helmet look like now?
Old 9 Jan 2008, 05:32 (Ref:2102342)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Kaaching...$$$$$$$$$$ colour change.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2102505)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Similar to last years, other than the tattoo design. As I mentioned in another thread, it's almost the same as the design on Schumacher overalls in the RoC...
Old 9 Jan 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2102606)   #6
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Painted, as always, Ulf Tägström of Uffedesigns.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2102724)   #7
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The design of his helmet clearly means nothing to him and he appears to be moving towards the outrageous styles seen on bike racers helmets. I don't mind these designs per say but as a previous person pointed out i tend to prefer helmet designs which the driver has chosen for personal reasons rather than letting a designer do their own thing. Those such as Stewart, Hill and Son, Hunt, Senna and Alboreto to name but a few.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2102895)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Is it done for money, though, or is it something he "wants" as it were?

It is just I find either scenario quite believable, and have no issue with either, but I would like to know what the truth of the matter is. It is unlikely I would actively look such things up, but would just live on the understanding of my own ignorance, but I am happy enough to hear if someone knows.

Hmmm...I am rambling: I stop, .

Last edited by Dutton; 9 Jan 2008 at 20:56.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2102904)   #9
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I expect he probably thought it looked cool, so wanted it as a design.

And i agree, I think it looks awesome.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2102931)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
Painted, as always, Ulf Tägström of Uffedesigns.
Should you really post that? He might not want to take credit for that.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2102944)   #11
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i always loved his pinstriping designs but i think thats gone a bit too far.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2102963)   #12
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's fantastic.

Love the tattoo-style on the front. Is that traditional Finnish design?
Old 9 Jan 2008, 23:27 (Ref:2103031)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Should you really post that? He might not want to take credit for that.
Well, I also like the more simplier design, hence the Tora Takagi helmet as my avatar. And he's responsible also the helmet design of JJ Lehto (as messy) and Heikki Kovalainen (far more tidier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
I think it's fantastic.

Love the tattoo-style on the front. Is that traditional Finnish design?
No.
Maybe Kimi should get his helmet painted full of Marimekko flowers....

http://www.designstory.ru/st/Image/marimekko/unikko.jpg
Old 10 Jan 2008, 03:32 (Ref:2103116)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I like it...
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2103228)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like Webber he has keped the same design but changed the shade of the colours to match the team, i also like Lewis with the yellow.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2103235)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No.

well not the same flowers but still a helmet covered in flowers, it's Paul Morris' he is a V8 driver.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2103443)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
No.

Ehrmm... wasn't Trulli who wore a helmet with flowers on a certain 2005 Japanese GP???
Old 10 Jan 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2103449)   #18
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glock and Trulli as well as Toyota's tester Kobayashi all have new helmet designs this year - and all three of them look virtually identical when viewed from the front.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2103695)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fitting really.

Not a great fan of this new Kimi helmet, bit tacky. Motorcycle riders have better taste in helmets, remarkably!
Old 10 Jan 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2103745)   #20
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Really? Most of them look like they've been placed in a windtunnel whilst vomit is thrown at the fans.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2103764)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which is precisely my point.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 21:25 (Ref:2103774)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
We seem to be in an age where drivers' helmets are colour co-ordinated with the cars they drive and by that standard I like Kimi's new design. It's going to be quick, too.

My personal preference is for what I call classic and instantly recognisable designs such as Senna (glad to see Bruno has followed suit with an updated version), the Piquets and especially Mika Hakkinen. I liked the fact that his design echoed the Finnish national colours.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2103786)   #23
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Damon Hill had the best helmet ever. But then again when he was fighting for the world championship I was 6/8 so I was always going to like my favorite driver's helmet.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 00:36 (Ref:2104992)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i like Webber he has keped the same design but changed the shade of the colours to match the team, i also like Lewis with the yellow.
What a surprise....

AS for Kimi's lid, not a big fan of it myself. I quite like Sato's design though, has actually stayed consistent over all his years in F1.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2105163)   #25
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sure you may know, but just in case you didn't. Hills helmet design was worn first by his father Graham and represent the London Rowing Club of which Graham and Betty Hill were both members, The white flashes are representations of 8 oar blades.
As i said before, it appears that helmet designs and colors mean little to some drivers who chop and change them at will or at the behest of their team. It may now of course be written into the contract. Personally i like a helmet which instantly identifies a driver and there are to many examples to list here. I couldn't choose a favorite (except my own perhaps haha) but amongst my favorites would be, Stewart, Hil, Senna, Hunt.