Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1937662)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tasman opens an NZ office.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasman Motorsport Newsletter

Tasman Motorsport Expands NZ Operations
Friday, June 15, 2007
Opens Auckland office, Andy Booth appointed General Manager - NZ

Leading Holden V8 Supercar team Tasman Motorsport is expanding its operations in New Zealand with the opening of an Auckland office and the appointment of two-time NZV8 champion Andy Booth as General Manager - NZ.

Tasman Motorsport runs two VE Commodores in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series for Kiwi V8 heroes Greg Murphy and Jason Richards.

Booth also drives a Tasman Motorsport Commodore in the NZV8 series.

Managing Director Kevin Murphy said the expansion comes in response to the overwhelming support the team has received from Kiwi V8 fans.

"Andy has represented Tasman Motorsport in the NZV8 series with great professionalism and we are excited he has now joined the team fulltime to head up our expanded New Zealand operations," Murphy said.

"His prime role will be as point of contact for Kiwi race fans and our NZ-based corporate partners, while also allowing the Holden NZ Dealer network closer access to the team."

Murphy said the announcement had been some months in the planning.

"Tasman Motorsport is proudly majority New Zealand-owned and has NZ's two leading V8 Supercar drivers within its ranks," Murphy said.

"In light of recent developments we are delighted to now make this announcement.

"The response we have received from Kiwi V8 fans looking for a home team to cheer for has been outstanding and Andy's appointment not only allows Tasman Motorsport to manage its presence there, but gives Kiwi fans confidence in their 'own' team."
So do we now assume that this is the 'other' NZ based team in the series?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1937743)   #2
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I respect Tasman motorsport and the everyone they have involved in that team.

They deserve every success IMHO
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 15 Jun 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1937796)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here here Wrighty05, i think they are just living up to their nam "Tasman Motorsport" exactly that owned by Aussies and Kiwi's and involved in Aussie Motorsport and Kiwi Motorsport.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1937853)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So do we now assume that this is the 'other' NZ based team in the series?
The 'real' Team Kiwi stands up.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1937982)   #5
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sponsorship

Lets hope they chase new sponsors & dont try & steal those supporting other team(s).
Old 15 Jun 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1938027)   #6
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Lets hope they chase new sponsors & dont try & steal those supporting other team(s).
why not, HRT stole DODO from them
Old 15 Jun 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1938042)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer
And they stole DODO from Team Dynamik....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jun 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1938061)   #8
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the end justify the means

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer
You would be familiar with the Dumbleyung duck !!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 04:25 (Ref:1938123)   #9
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope that this is not just another smoke & mirrors deal like the one they did with Boothy to "run" a car in the NZ championship. Word has it that this was a no money deal and was nothing more than a marketing ploy to dupe the public.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 04:41 (Ref:1938124)   #10
kayla
Rookie

New Zealand
Canterbury
kayla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to them, as long as they go about their own business without running down other teams that hit on tough times.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 05:53 (Ref:1938137)   #11
screwdriver
Rookie

screwdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
Lets hope that this is not just another smoke & mirrors deal like the one they did with Boothy to "run" a car in the NZ championship. Word has it that this was a no money deal and was nothing more than a marketing ploy to dupe the public.
"Hello Kettle?......Evo here....You're black!!!!"
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:03 (Ref:1938142)   #12
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hahaha. Pot Kettle Black.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1938159)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1938274)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
mmmmm the Team Kiwi cat fight continues, interesting.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1938281)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
would be interestin Tasman turned up with a car that had 3M and Makita or one of the above on the flanks. .
Old 16 Jun 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1938710)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
and was nothing more than a marketing ploy to dupe the public.
To dupe them of what?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1938898)   #17
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't recall it ever being mentioned as more than a loose association by either party.

And bearing in mind TKR relieved the NZ public of a few hundred thou - where exactly is the Tasman duplicity?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1939014)   #18
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I note there is no mention of where this office is or when Mr Booth finishes selling ferraris, I assume he is not and potentially that the Tasman Office is surrounded by Ferraris.

I also can't work out which it is, it says it has been in the planning for awhile, but also says "after recent events"?? Well which is it?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1939035)   #19
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I note there is no mention of where this office is or when Mr Booth finishes selling ferraris, I assume he is not and potentially that the Tasman Office is surrounded by Ferraris.
I'd be surprised if Andy Booth gives up his day job - he still has to eat and put a roof over his head during the off-season. I'd be surprised if it was much more than an answerphone and a PO Box number like your local MP's office. I don't think it's anything more than a little formalising. Of course I'm just taking it on face value with no expectations given NZV8's have only 1 fulltime driver in Johnny MacIntyre.

I may have been duped.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 02:06 (Ref:1939292)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I also can't work out which it is, it says it has been in the planning for awhile, but also says "after recent events"?? Well which is it?
Perhaps the recent events spoken of are TKR's recent situation?

It does seem a little odd to speak of planning for a while, and recent event, as you say.

Or perhaps the deal once formalised once an enduro seat was confirmed??
Old 17 Jun 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1939549)   #21
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Perhaps a "recent events" are the recent events he talks about in the release i.e the appointment of Booth... I dunno, just guessing here Evo.

Either way, given that Tasman appear to be able to hold there operation together a little better than the the other team, me thinks TKR's marketing angle just got a whole lot narrower!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1939623)   #22
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I am just a slow old southern boy but I thought that it would be obvious.

Since TKR moved from Holden to Ford there has been little chance for the Holden brand to market it's wares in the manner in which it had been used to.

Take in the Murph' factor which has all ways been marketable here (and he does appear in Holden TV adverts) and it would seem pretty logical to me for Holden / Tasman to have a NZ marketing base in just the same way that Ford / TKR have
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:48 (Ref:1939682)   #23
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am curious if there is an A.T.O. influence in this decision?
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1939835)   #24
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
I am curious if there is an A.T.O. influence in this decision?
A.T.O ???
Old 18 Jun 2007, 01:17 (Ref:1940400)   #25
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So much animosity in the posts by Evo! Not feeling a little threatened, are we?

If so I don't see why, if there was a trans-Tasman cricket competition I'd be happy to see more than one NZ team in it, and the Super 14 seems to do okay as well with 5 NZ teams. Can't see it being any more complicated than that, really.

And it's not like they're even claiming to be a NZ only team.

Last edited by Goat Boy; 18 Jun 2007 at 01:19.