Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3031779)   #1
LotusF1team
Rookie

LotusF1team should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 Champ Car World series looks the goods.

Really looking forward to the start of the Champ Car season in late april and am hanging to see some test results from Sebring.

http://champcar-ws.com/

The anticipation is immense!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3031950)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
You realize that this stuff is ficticious, right?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3045407)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
You realize that this stuff is ficticious, right?
What do you mean it's ficticious?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3031954)   #4
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Next you'll be telling me that Santa isn't real!

Mark Plourde is real. I see him everytime i close my eyes.....
Old 27 Feb 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3032086)   #5
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Next you'll be telling me that Santa isn't real!

Mark Plourde is real. I see him everytime i close my eyes.....
I also see he won Indy Lights when he was 10.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3031995)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Steve Johnson is still the CEO, that's no good.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3032023)   #7
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That guy may get in trouble, I mean telling pepole all these lies about TV and such, and all the company logo's he's used?

Just to clarify, ChampCar isn't happening.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 27 Feb 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3032039)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!

Joe Tanto approves this thread!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3032145)   #9
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

Joe Tanto approves this thread!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3032161)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
That guy may get in trouble, I mean telling pepole all these lies about TV and such, and all the company logo's he's used?

Just to clarify, ChampCar isn't happening.
No, under US law it's already been ruled in the courts that you can parody organizations or people.

Speed Channel actually did an article on this website last year, you can look it up. Marshall Pruett I think wrote it.

Overall I think it's a bit silly to create such a website and to create such phony baloney, but if it gets peoples back up that's fine by me. It might not be a bad idea to remember just how good these cars were compared to the new dallara dog.

Champcar might not be happening but the CART/Champcar spirit lives on. I was watching some old Indy Lights races today from the early 1990's and it's amazing how much better the racing was back then compared to the decrepit wasteland it is today. You might not be able to live in the past but you can revisit it every so often.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3032338)   #11
LotusF1team
Rookie

LotusF1team should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhere in someones mind the 1212 champ car series is most definitely real.

But yeah, all the cars in the pics he uses still look great compared to the Dallara.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3045489)   #12
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
No, under US law it's already been ruled in the courts that you can parody organizations or people.

Speed Channel actually did an article on this website last year, you can look it up. Marshall Pruett I think wrote it.

Overall I think it's a bit silly to create such a website and to create such phony baloney, but if it gets peoples back up that's fine by me. It might not be a bad idea to remember just how good these cars were compared to the new dallara dog.

Champcar might not be happening but the CART/Champcar spirit lives on. I was watching some old Indy Lights races today from the early 1990's and it's amazing how much better the racing was back then compared to the decrepit wasteland it is today. You might not be able to live in the past but you can revisit it every so often.
Ahh ok, I don't know the US laws that well. It dosen't get my back up at all, I do find it quite funny really, 10 YEAR OLD Indy Lights champion

I have some old Champcar/CART on tape and it does bring back some sweet memories, I must say thoguh that I reckon somehting quite similar to it will be about by the end of this decade...

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 27 Feb 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3032138)   #13
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Plourde! That guy's the real deal

Nice to see Junkie and Philippe full time again
Old 28 Feb 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3032708)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I mailed the Champ Car boss to get a race in Punta del Este, Uruguay, but got no answer.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3046293)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I am highly relieved this is continuing into 2012. I look forward to following this as much as I do actual existing motor sport.

Call me crazy, but I am going to go out on a limb and say Mark will the title.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3046298)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I am highly relieved this is continuing into 2012. I look forward to following this as much as I do actual existing motor sport.

Call me crazy, but I am going to go out on a limb and say Mark will the title.
....again.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3050731)   #17
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Putting money on this man to win again, as much as a great series it is, I think its unhealthy for one driver to dominate

Im trying to buy tickets to go see a race this year but the link doesnt work?
Old 30 Mar 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3050751)   #18
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This will probably be more exciting and get higher ratings than the real CCWS...
Old 22 Mar 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3046418)   #19
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm assuming, for UK viewers, that we will be able to watch this in a one hour highlights show, broadcast at 2-3am on a Tuesday night on Channel 5?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3046441)   #20
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I... don't understand. I'm gunna say it.

I always thought this series disappeared? Or am I missing the point entirely here?

Selby
Old 22 Mar 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3046597)   #21
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I... don't understand. I'm gunna say it.

I always thought this series disappeared? Or am I missing the point entirely here?

Selby
If you hadn't noticed during the end/death spiral of the series, Champ car fans are kinda nuts. Not "ha-ha, look how wacky" nuts, but like "creepy, mentally ill" nuts. Take the crapwagon forums for examle.

They've interviewed this guy before, he's basically your typical weird, OCD shut-in internet hobbit, again, nuts. He's basically "kept the series" going, and had himself win every championship.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3046747)   #22
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plourde is clearly getting away with much much more than just TEAM program money for "being good for the promotion of the series" and "being more than the son of the series founder". He and his team are a cheat. He is tricking himself into title upon title. All the evidence points towards some irregularities with the Panoz cars of his team for quite a long time now. And ChampCar allows it because he is keeping it alive
Old 22 Mar 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3046765)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Plourde is clearly getting away with much much more than just TEAM program money for "being good for the promotion of the series" and "being more than the son of the series founder". He and his team are a cheat. He is tricking himself into title upon title. All the evidence points towards some irregularities with the Panoz cars of his team for quite a long time now. And ChampCar allows it because he is keeping it alive
I don't see how Champcar get anything from this. The series has long been dead.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3050841)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
If you hadn't noticed during the end/death spiral of the series, Champ car fans are kinda nuts. Not "ha-ha, look how wacky" nuts, but like "creepy, mentally ill" nuts. Take the crapwagon forums for examle.

They've interviewed this guy before, he's basically your typical weird, OCD shut-in internet hobbit, again, nuts. He's basically "kept the series" going, and had himself win every championship.
Well let's see:

Us CART/Champcar fans want this:

And you guys want this:

And we are the loonies?

Old 30 Mar 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3050861)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I would have thought anyone who wants decent racing wants this,

and not this.