3 9 13.85%
2 7 10.77%
1 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3159010)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Indian GP

Let's rate this race...
Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3159013)   #2
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Errrrr...to what end?

jimclark
Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3159017)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Errrrr...to what end?
Errrr... you don't have to, just walk away.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3159026)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent first lap. 3 drivers fighting hard but clean.
For the next 59 laps there were a few easy DRS passes and little less.

Yet another new circuit that produces dull F1 races.

Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3159030)   #5
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race? what race? I gave it a 1 and even that was generous
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3159031)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Alonso - excellent moves at the start. Most of the rest of the racing was silly magic carpet racing. I'll give it a 4.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3159206)   #7
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Errrr... you don't have to, just walk away.
'Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...

Methinks the majority of posts reinforce my point. It was nothing that needed any sort of rating. Nothing special one way or t'other....

jimclark
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3159034)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only got some of the highlights as the satellite signal kept dropping out here in Tenerife, and lost the last four laps altogether, but I really didn't think it was that bad - some very good close racing early on, and some battles lower down the order...
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3159055)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 4. I found it quite dreary for some reason. Okay, the start was pretty good - the Alonso, Hamilton and Button battle. But after that, only really the end where Alonso got past Webber and Hamilton started to catch him, was exciting. Other than that, the DRS passes were perhaps too easy.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3159604)   #10
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
...the DRS passes were perhaps too easy.
They're a joke. JB got a flier of a start but ultimately could do nothing about Lulu and Ferdy when they hit the DRS zone. Where are we at when it's actually better [I]not[I]to make a great start, hang back and let legally adjustable drag do it all for you.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3159608)   #11
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
They're a joke. JB got a flier of a start but ultimately could do nothing about Lulu and Ferdy when they hit the DRS zone. Where are we at when it's actually better [I]not[I]to make a great start, hang back and let legally adjustable drag do it all for you.
See also Raikkonen pulling off a good pass on Massa as he came out of the pits only to lose out to DRS. I do think it's a useful innovation that has it's place - I don't think it was in the right place for this race.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3159609)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
I never liked DRS from the outset and the example you've given just goes to confirm what's wrong with DRS, afaIc. That was some excellent driving from Button, just to be taken away by the press of a button.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3159618)   #13
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I just had to add another comment. On the Nostalgia Forum they're constantly laughing at the F1 "fanboys" who get all worked up about modern GP races, arguing like numpties on Pistonheads with sometimes abusive language.

Out of curiosity, I just clicked-on and found two threads started today, one about the sanitisation of the circuits and the other about when will they stop watching F1. So even these guys, and some of them are nutters, are talking about how bad the whole thing has become. Will BCE realise this? Will he care?

Bernie seems hell-bent on getting developing nations interested in F1, but are the fans REALLY there? More empty stands yesterday....
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3159067)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a 3. DRS setup meant that any driver wanting to get past another tended to push into the 1 second gap & then use DRS (some more successfully than others).

Produced some tension and had drivers pushing hard against each other but seemed pretty flat most of the time.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3159073)   #15
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
A 1. Vettel won, absolutely predictable race, plus absolutely horrible air pollution (just terrible that people live in that stuff). Horrible race, never want to see it again. I'd give it a 0 if there was such a thing.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3159081)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not a great race, very little to excite the race fan, gave it a average 5
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3159095)   #17
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply boring.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3159118)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
Simply boring.
I agree. The first lap was great, but after that I may as well have done something else and just checked in for the last few laps.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3159149)   #19
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lap one aside yet another Tilke-drome bore fest !!
Old 29 Oct 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3159532)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I agree. The first lap was great, but after that I may as well have done something else and just checked in for the last few laps.
That's exactly what I did. Peering through the smog was quite entertaining, as I tried to see how full or empty the grandstands were.

The last two races have been very dull, on these sterile Tilkedromes, just hope Austin doesn't turn out to be another boring race. One.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3159585)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Ditto, I watched the start and then worked in the garden. It would be nice if we could see the cars..

Filthy place, Boring race....I gave it a 5 and that is being generous..
Old 29 Oct 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3159600)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
while there were a few moments it was not a very exciting race but still im happy with what i got. never had 'high hopes' that it would be cracking and will look back on this race fondly because its only a matter of years where Bernie finds a way to turn the sprinklers on.

an average race so it starts with a five plus a point for Alonso keeping things interesting. 6
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3159097)   #23
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It wasn't great but I've seen worse.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3159116)   #24
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Alonso's battle with the Mclaren sandwich is most likely to be in every season highlight video, other than that Im not sure what I'll remember of this. I also kinda enjoyed how Grosjean and Senna made their way thru the midfield.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3159171)   #25
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I rated the smog a 9 and crossed India off places I want to visit.