Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Oct 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1128723)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2005 WSBK Line-Up

To be honest, I'm not really up to date with the goings-on in the world of Superbikes at the moment, so what are the rumours, deals and confirmations taking place regarding rider movements and placements for 2005.

From what I've gathered, Toseland is assured of a seat at Fila Ducati next year, Walker is off to PSG Kawasaki and Vermeulen will be on the Ten Kate Honda again. That's all I've picked up so far.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1129437)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ten Kate have confirmed a second Fireblade for their Supersport rider Karl Muggeridge. Not sure anything else is confirmed yet.

Both Walker and Corser are leaving Foggy, and Chili won't be with PSG (he may go to the British series). Renegade are likely to return with the same riders as this year, and it seems like Kagayama and Gimbert will ride factory Suzukis and Yamahas respectively, hopefully as 2-bike teams.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1129612)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Chris will be alongside Nannelli uless he gets the Xerox ride, preume McCoy is off somewhere.
Rumour is Corser and Kagayama on Alstare bikes, Muggers and Vermin definate on Ten Kate and otehr big rumour is Haga coming back on a R1.
Gimbert will be on a Yamaha Motor France but will tug famously as who was it that took Slight out a few years ago did. He has never done anything in any class!
Yamaha effort will be maybe Team Italia with VD Goorberg alongside Nori.
Not sure about Renegade, Might be an option for Chili if Griffiths can afford the wages, but then again Frankie don't like the 999 and Mark wouldnt wanna upset Ducati. Think Haslam might stay.
By the way Sean Emmett has signed to ride for Virgin Yam in BSB, alongside Tommy Hill and Wren, leaving Mason and Haydon on the market, two Renegade possibles there
Old 20 Oct 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1129808)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chunder
By the way Sean Emmett has signed to ride for Virgin Yam in BSB
WHY?? thats coming back down the ladder surely from MotoGP?
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1129939)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Emmett hasn't riden in MotoGP before. I suspect you've mixed him up with either James Ellison (who rides a Yamaha in BSB and is doing some races for WCM) or James Haydon (who did substitute rides for Virgin Yamaha in BSB and Proton in MotoGP). With any luck Ellison will be on the international scene.

Hadn't heard JvdG being suggested for the Yamaha - personally I think they'd be best to bring in 2 riders from outside (maybe Corser and James Ellison) and use Gimbert as a factory test rider, as I'm not convinced he's up to the job.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1129985)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No i havent mixed him up, Emmett has signed for Virgin Yam in BSB! And he has ridden in Motogp for Harris,Lucky Strike Suzuki and I think that's it.
Ellison has signed for WCM to race the Blata engined machine next year aswell by the way.
As for Haydon, still no news
But everything above is fact
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1129996)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doh, mixed Sean Emmet with Shakey Byrne...
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1130062)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I was addressing Ghinzani there, not chunder. In fairness those Harris/Lucky Strike races would've been 500cc, not MotoGP, but I made a mistake. Great news about Ellison.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 02:00 (Ref:1130219)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite challenging for the Supersport Championship (well, as much as anyone could), JvdG was told he won't be needed by Yamaha Italia next year (According to Fox Sports Australia). Whether that means just for SUpersport or for their Superbike effort, who knows.

McCoy said in an interview he didn't see many openings in MotoGP next year and was concentrating on another year in World Superbikes, as with all the tracks learnt he reckons he is a chance for the series. He also said he was disappointed with this year, and that the team had let huim down in certain area's and didn't provide him with what was promisedat the start of the year.

Steve Martin said in a column of Two Wheels Magazine (Australia) that he didn't have any plans announcements as yet for next year. He did say he was looking to make some money selling the #7 to Chili for next year though (as Martin finished 7th this year)

Broc Parkes has signed with Yamaha Germany alongside Kev Curtain. Whether they are both in Supersport or Curtain in SBK and Parkes is SSP i'm not sure.

Would Foggy give Haydon another shot?
Old 21 Oct 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1130438)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris Walker to ride a PSG Kawa next year? That the only Deal/Rumour I know of...
Old 21 Oct 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1130473)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
We've already said that Hazza.

I'm sure Martin will get a ride - he could eb a good target for Yamaha. He was unlucky not to take a win alst year, although he had the advantage of knowign the Pirelli tyres.
Old 21 Oct 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1130513)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
No way for Haydon on FP1, don't even think James would want the ride.
I think Martin should get a ride coz from what I heard the Sterilgarda team were running on fumes at the end of they year and Steve could have gone a lot quicker. Maybe an option for Renegade if they lose Nori.
Good news for Parkes aswell, didn't realise he was so young.
ANy idea who or if even Ten Kate is running a SS team next year.
Vd Goorberg stuff was just conjecture, does anyone know why he was runnning in different colours after Pitt came back by the way?
Old 21 Oct 2004, 23:09 (Ref:1131241)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two's company...three's a crowd?

The Yam Yam is back

http://superbikeplanet.com/2004/Oct/041021n.htm

Sorry about the Walker thing...must of missed it hrug:

Last edited by Hazza; 21 Oct 2004 at 23:10.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1131313)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chunder
ANy idea who or if even Ten Kate is running a SS team next year.
They are. Supposedly Charpentier and Fujiwara are the riders
Old 22 Oct 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1131734)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Cheers for that, just read that Yamaha Italia are running the official WSB team as they always have done, can't be Brivio thouhg as he runs the GP team I think.
Also strange for Fujiwara to leave Suzuki if this true in WSS, isn't his Dad on the board of directors or summat, and that is why the bloke always gets good rides despite not being the worlds best bike racer! Remember how rubbish he was on a superbike, much better on supersport I might add.
Old 22 Oct 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1131823)   #16
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to have Yamaha back - I suspect this will tempt Suzuki and Honda towards factory efforts. Yamaha have plenty of good riders to choose from - I suspect they'll take one rider from within and one established international star.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 12:37 (Ref:1136405)   #17
McLean Fan
Racer

Australia
Currumbin
McLean Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Nitro Nori on a Yamaha again.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1136494)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I'd lvoe to see him in a competitive team - not sure whether Yamaha or Renegade are the better option there. The Ducati's a proven bike, and in 2004 BSB Yamaha were the least successful of the 5 manufacturers involved, despite a strong rider line-up (certainly better than Ducati's or Kawasaki's on paper). Then again, if Yamaha put a lot of testing time and investment into the project, it's bound to go well.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1138519)   #19
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to stick my neck out and have a guess, based on rumours plus abit of inside stuff i've picked up on my extended stay up here.....

Honda - 3 teams, Ten Kate, Klaffi and Gresini. Ten Kate riders are settled. Chili for Klaffi. Even though Chili, who wants his Italian based mechanic to come with him, has stated he could only go to an Italian team due to his mechanic's wishes, would a Honda ride sway his decision. Look for a return of Ben Bostrom to Europe, despite him saying that he was finished with Europe. Kurtis Roberts ciould also wind up on a Gresini Honda. Checa and Barros are being chased, while the likes of McCoy, Van der Goorbergh and Lavilla have their hands in the air. Basically 6 rides up for grabs, 2 definatly taken (Ten Kate)

Ducati - Either Toseland or Laconi are gone, to be replaced by Neil Hodgson. Whichever loses the Fila ride gets the Haga seat at Renegade, who despite Ducati saying they won't support customer teams, will ensure the loser of the Fila ride gets a decent bike and a decent shot at the title.

Ducati sidenote - Bayliss has the AMA seat alongside Eric Bostrom if he wants it. Should he sign up with Kawasaki (though despite reports, it'll take alot of money and contract payouts for it to happen) or go elsewhere, the AMA seat will go to Shayne Byrne. Look for Lorenzo Lanzi on one of the GSE bikes next year, get this though i have been told they will probably use Pirelli's!!!! Lets hope common sense ensue's and they use Dunlop's though.

Suzuki - Kagayama and Corser are a given at Corona Alstare, as are Chambon and Ianuzzo on the 600s. Just waiting for an official launch. Zongshen will continue with Nowland and the veteran Bontempi.

Yamaha - Yamaha Germany sticking with 600s, so Curtain's SBK ride will wait at least another year. Haga confirmed, probably to be partnered by Fabian Foret, though ANdrew Pitt is shoving his hand in the air, but his Assen antics didn't impress the big wigs at Yamaha Europe.

Gimbert and Yamaha rance doing the full season, and if backing permits Steve Martin will ride the second bike.

Aprilia - The American team in the AMA (which includes former WSBK regular Mike Hale) is a goer for next year. Not alot of hope though, considering the factory gave up on it after 2002, and with the state they are in now, won't help a private team in America.

Kawasaki - PSG-1 will continue with the current Kwakka team. Chris Walker could be joined at PSG-1 by Nannelli, who impressed this year, or Andrew Pitt, who is still under contract, despite not riding it this year, with Kawasaki's MotoGP team (and they are still paying him over the year, rather than one big pay-out when he was dropped)

Last edited by one five five; 28 Oct 2004 at 05:49.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1139344)   #20
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Great work!
Old 29 Oct 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1139810)   #21
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be interesting to find out how much of that proves to be correct. If half of it's true we're guaranteed quite an impressive grid - I never expected SIX Hondas with any degree of factory support. Ben Bostrom, Hodgson, Pitt, Lavilla - could be some great riders on the grid.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1140049)   #22
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have anyone heard Michel Fabrizio possibly driving for some Honda - team in 2005?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 4 Nov 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1144641)   #23
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
corser has just been comfirmed at alstare suzuki next year riding the mighty GSXR 1000, his teammate has yet to be announced. well there we go, 05 superbike champoin Troy Corser
Old 4 Nov 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1144670)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I suspect Lavilla or Kagayama will be on the second Suzuki, with the other being tehir MotoGP factory test rider. Both are still under contract to Suzuki, and Yukio isn't in the BSB team next season, which is a great shame for us Brits as he's so popular here.

Haven't heard anything about Fabrizio - I certainly hopehe gets something good in one series or the other.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 04:27 (Ref:1169498)   #25
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
It seems Corona Extra is the new title sponser of the World Superbike Championship. Abit of a suprise seeing as all the arrows seemed previously to be pointing at Xerox for the gi.

So lets try and suss out the line-ups for next year, the main one's anyway:

Fila Ducati (or is Xerox still meant to be replacing Fila?):

James Toseland
Regis Laconi (who interestingly has also been testing the Ducati Desmosedeci MotoGP bike)

NCR Ducati:

Lorenzo Lanzi

Ten Kate Honda:

Chris Vermuelen
Karl Muggeridge

Foggy Petronas:

Garry McCoy
Steve Martin

Corona Extra Alstare Suzuki:

Troy Corser
Yukio Kagayama

Yamaha Italia/Belgarda (whatever they are these days):

Andrew Pitt
Noriyuki Haga (probably)

PSG-1 Kawasaki:

Chris Walker
Mauro Sanchini

Yamaha France:

Sebastian Gimbert
--------

So what about some of the other riders. Franki Chili, Ben Bostrom (who was rumoured to be looking at a return to Europe) etc........