Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 Aug 2001, 12:12 (Ref:126569)   #1
Sandra R.
Rookie

Sandra R. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was the safety car?

Was I the only one totally incensed by the Feature race on Saturday night. I could not believe that they did not bring out the safety car following Dan Eaves accident which left his car in a dangerous position and part of the tyre wall in bits. Then not to bring it out after Rob Collard again spun off in the same place seemed like madness. How Rob missed smacking into Dan Eaves car, I don't know. Then Muller loses it in the same place. By this time, it was not entertainment but a case of wondering how long before someone ended up seriouly injured or dead. Finally they red flagged the race which robbed the crowd of one the best races we have seen this year.

If they had bought out the safey car after Dan went off and put some sand down where the oil was (think it was from Gareth Howell's focus) then the results might have been a lot different. Firstly I think Phil might have even won the race because he would have had a chance to caught up at the back of the grid. He clearly had the fastest Astra for that race and if he had been allowed to catch up, it would have been realy good to see if he could catch and pass the others again.

Terrific result for B&Q - well done you guys, but again, if the safety car had come out, Nick was so much faster with slicks, he could have probably won the production race.

I was so angry, I actually went and spoke to Richard West after the race. Entertainment is one thing but to see one car after another lose it in the same place without taking any action is totally unacceptable. I have seen races red flagged or the safety car bought out for a lot less minor incidents than the one on Saturday.

I don't know whether it was because it was dark, wet or the drivers were tired, or a combination of both, but for some reason, everyone seemed to be going totally nuts in that race.

I would be interested to hear the views of any one else who was in the vicinity of Russell or Coram on Saturday.