Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Aug 2001, 12:50 (Ref:127540)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heinz IS off to Prost

From Planet-F1:

Prost welcome Frentzen on-board

August 8: Alain Prost wishes his former driver all the best at his new team, and welcomes Heinz-Harald Frentzen…
After 29 Grands Prix within the Prost Acer team, Jean Alesi has expressed his wish to put an early end to his contract which was due to last until the end of the 2001 season.

Alain Prost, considering Jean’s large contribution to the team’s progress in the last two years and their long relationship, has decided to release his driver and wishes him all the success he deserves within his new team.

The Prost Acer team is pleased to announce that, from the Hungarian Grand Prix onwards (August 19th in Budapest), Heinz-Harald Frentzen will drive the AP04 alongside Luciano Burti for the remainder of the 2001 season.

Alain Prost :
" It is essential to preserve our team’s serenity in this moment when we are building up Prost Grand Prix’s future and consolidating our strategy for the upcoming years. This is why I chose to release Jean.

”I am delighted to welcome Heinz-Harald Frentzen in our team. His achievements in the last few years place him among the best drivers, and his large experience within top Formula One teams will be a strong asset for us for the remainder of the 2001 season. His arrival allows us to prepare the team’s future with confidence. "

Heinz-Harald Frentzen :
" I am happy that Alain Prost offered me to drive for the last five Grands Prix. It was very difficult to turn down the opportunity to tackle this new challenge and I am looking forward to support the team for the rest of the season. "

Basically the worst kept secret in F1 was confirmed with Alesi going to Jordan but Frentzen going to Prost was a surprise.