Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1276574)   #11
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha

If Toyota and Honda leave and GM is leaving after this year it is going to leave the IRL despretely looking for an Engine supplier like CART was a few years ago. CHAMP CAR made a great decision in by Cosworth from Ford cause now they never ever have to worry about engine suppliers and if anyones wants to come in like honda, Gm, or Toyota which they have not expressed any interest to get me wrong, but if they wanted to they could but the series does not have to rely on them. I think was the guy said in the first post about Toyota wanting to join the Nextel cup makes alot of sense and I think Honda just want to Concentrate on there F1 team. I don't know many of you follow F1 but they purchased 50% of the BAR team with a option to buy the rest of it in the next few years i believe but with team not having finished a race this season i believe they just want to concentrate on F1 thus them wanting to pull out of IRL and As far as GM goes im surprized they stayed in IRL as long as they did cause they never do open wheel racing.

I think things for the IRL could get really bumpy and rumors of a Merge with CART will become very strong in the next two years and even though it may happen I don't think it will. I think Champ Car can find a engine supplier in 2 years. Maybe Chrysler, another manufacture from Japan looking to get into open wheel racing. Although without an American engine in an American series of racing does seem kind of stupid. I think IRL have alot problems and alot of stuff to work on if there going to survive this.

It's so strange couple years ago the IRL was on top and CHamp Car was dieing now some new guys buy Champ Car and Cosworth and suddenly things are looking up for them and down for IRL. I agree though the IRL championship has gotten alot more interesting and has been really intertaining this year. I have enjoyed and i would have enjoyed more if there were more road courses this season but i think if they were to merge with Cart that the series would change we would see more of a 50% Ovals, 50% Road Courses/ Street circuit racing. I know for alot of you that would make you sick but maybe that would keep the sport from having to go to China, Korea and other foriegn Countries. Leave those forign countries for F1 there not for American Open Wheel racing which Champ Car and IRL should be about.