Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > Champ/Indy - Fantasy League/Predictions Contest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1569736)   #1
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 Fantasy Racing Series - OPEN FOR ENTRIES

The 2006 season of the Fantasy Racing Series is open for entries. (Unless there are major objections to the rules outlined below. I’m sorry it took me this long to get this done but I’ve been swamped and just noticed that we have less than a week to get this rolling. My fault.)

I’ve read over the suggestions thread and taken what I believe to be the set of rules that will work the best for everyone.

You must select three drivers from the list below whose salaries must be equal or less than the cap of $5 million per team:

$2.3 million – Sebastien Bourdais
$2.1 million – Paul Tracy
$2.0 million – Justin Wilson
$1.9 million – Bruno Junqueira
$1.8 million – A.J. Allmendinger
$1.7 million – Oriol Servia
$1.6 million – Mario Dominguez
$1.6 million – Alex Tagliani
$1.2 million – Cristiano da Matta
$1.1 million – Jimmy Vasser
$0.9 million – Nelson Philippe
$0.8 million – Will Power
$0.7 million – Antonio Pizzonia
$0.6 million – Andrew Ranger
$0.6 million – Charles Zswolman
$0.5 million – Nicky Pastorelli/Jan Haylen (whoever Coyne hires for Long Beach)
$0.5 million – Dan Clarke
$0.5 million – Katherine Legge

(NOTE: These salaries are arbitrary and are based on past results, experience, and just my general guess about how they’re going to do this year.)

The team that you select can be changed at any time, as long as you abide by the $5 million salary cap. It is therefore possible to enter a different team at each race if you want. Also, if your driver is replaced, injured, or for whatever reason doesn’t race, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ANNOUNCE YOUR SUBSTITUTE. The deadline for changes is the start of 1st practice at any given event. If you do not announce your change before this deadline, your driver will score no points. (Point structure is outlined below). If in the unlikely event your driver is replaced mid-event, (ie. Due to injury/illness) the replacement driver will score in their place.

It is not necessary to announce anything if you will not be making any changes. It will be assumed that your team from the last race will carry over to the next.

NO DUPLICATE TEAMS ARE PERMITTED. Driver combinations will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. (Whoever posts first gets the team). There are plenty of strong combinations possible under the cap so I don’t think this should cause a problem.

Drivers will score points based on their finishing position and the current champ car point structure.

1st = 30
2nd = 27
3rd = 25
4th = 23
5th = 21
6th = 19
7th = 17
8th = 15
9th = 13
10th = 11
11th = 10
12th = 9
13th = 8
14th = 7
15th = 6
16th = 5
17th = 4
18th = 3
19th = 2
20th = 1
+20th = 0

From this your team’s total points is equal to the sum of your three driver’s points. (1 bonus point will also be awarded for provisional pole/pole positions)

Example: If your drivers finish 2nd, 5th, and 15th you get 27 + 21 + 6 = 54 points

Once all of the total points for all f the teams have been determined they will be ranked from highest to lowest. Any ties will be broken by the highest finishing driver on each team. (ie, Team A has a 2nd place which beats Team B which has a 3rd place). Once the ranking is complete, the actual fantasy championship points for the event will be awarded once again based on the new points structure. The first place team gets 31, second gets 27, etc. Teams that finish outside the top 20 score no points for an event.

(Hopefully this points system will help tighten up the championship battle and prevent the enormous gaps of the past system from opening up)

And there’s one more way to score points: Qualifying. Each driver’s best lap time in a qualifying session will be recorded. Each team will then have the lap times of their driver’s added up and the lowest total will score a fantasy championship point for provisional pole or pole position. If a team has forgotten to replace a driver for a weekend and is running only two drivers, they will be given a time of 10 minutes for their absent driver (ie, they will not be qualifying well )

Is that clear enough? If not read it again, then ask any questions you still may have.

ENTRY FOR LONG BEACH CLOSES AT THE START OF FRIDAY PRACTICE ON APRIL 7th.

Good Luck to all!