Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Sep 2006, 00:05 (Ref:1698916)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Well, since mountainstar asked, I'll "weigh in:"

1. How many of the street races are financially stable? (Remember, Johnson said in an interview in Montreal that Montreal paid no sanction fee....that oughta get the attention of promoters in places like Las Vegas and San Jose.)
2. How many people are going to say, "Oh, they've got the DP-01, so I'll attend."
3. How many sponsors will say, "Oh. look, they're racing in Zhuhai. that really meets the marketing strategy for our product to sell more to Sadie in Omaha?"
4. SMI let CC run at Las Vegas on a track rental basis. You tickee, you washee.
Long time no see

1. Says in the latest speed article $1.5 million was paid for the sanctioning fee for this race and Labrosse assumed rights to the race. If you have other information please post it. I haven't heard Johnson say that.

Right now it sounds like the street races are doing pretty good. In fact, new ones are being added for next year.

2. I will attend more races because of the new car. I think it will change the series on many levels.

3. Zhuhai race? That's complete rumor. I'm not aware of any signed deal. IF they did race there, so what? China has grown quite a lot and has strong economic ties to the USA. Wal Mart is a good start. Not only does walmart buy billions of dollars of goods from china, but the WalMart and Sam's Club chain has shown phenominal growth in the chinese retail market. Just read an article on it in "The Economist" weekly magazine.

4. Yep we did run at Las Vegas on a track rental basis. Cool. Can't wait for the new street circuit.