Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Nov 2001, 11:53 (Ref:171350)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am right with you, KC! Surrender is not in my vocabulary. I do not believe that the way the world works is that everyone meekly falls in line and does what we are told because somebody somewhere ordains that it shall be so. ABC's junk version of Champ Cars is not the version other countries saw, and incidentally, name the international sponsors on the Brand X cars ... and tell me what the neilsons are for NASCAR outside the US borders. You are all still thinking that America Is The Whole World and it is not true.

I work on tobacco litigation and one thing that was mentioned is "America is the Land of the Deal" ... perhaps, said my boss the lawyer, Penske thinks that he can finness the American law to get awy with advertising that is against the tobacco company agreements, but he knows he can't do that in the larger world.

As far as I am aware, Penske has sponsors begging to advertise on his very successful cars. Why not just pick up some of those sponsors to run in Champ Cars and put Marlboro on the Brand X car, driven by some guy from Indy Lights who needs the experience and is eager to prove himself, and back him to the hilt, and then at the end of the year, compare the numbers? If Penske is a businessman, and if he is also a racer, he will surely see the logic in this.

I'm going to do just what KC suggests and contact every sponsor about the changes in the sport, and I'm going to talk positively about the racing to everyone I meet and get my friends to go to the races with me so they can see what a great time they will have. And I will not watch Brand X Racing and I will let the sponsors and my friends know that too ... in fact, I'll give them all the arguments that the Weepers and Wailers are using against Champ Cars, plus the fact that Brand X uses WWF tactics, has fist fights in pit road, and regularly crash their cars -- and have not got the money to fix them, which does not happen in Champ Cars.

Champ Cars will continue. There will not be "three or four" teams running -- that would be Brand X, sponsored by Maury's Warehouse and Joe's I-75 Exit 20 Car Wash. Put three or four Champ Car teams with all the money they carry into the field and even Tony George will run out of cash to throw against them.

And then they will come to us.