Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 Nov 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1776628)   #17
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear hear....

Great to hear about CC getting what sounds like good TV time in the USA, although in my heart of hearts I can't help but wonder whether the US public will take to it like they did pre-split. They are great drivers but I just can't see Bourdais or Wilson becoming stars - not that they don't deserve it but I can't see the interest. Kathy Legge got most publicity this season by driving up a tree so I can't quite see how the series will get it together.

But that said I hope it does work out and that someone will do a deal with Sky, Eurosport or Motors so we get to see it all.

Veering a bit OT here but I consider myself a fan of both the IRL and CC and I would love either both series to thrive in different directions (much like Superbikes and Moto GP do in bikes) or for re-unification to end the whole sorry mess.

Some of my most memorable motor racing moments have been watching these two series - probably more so than F1 - and it would be a desperate shame for either to fade and die. There is an enormous history and heritage behind US OW racing and it's a shame that people have turned their backs on the sport to a degree, possibly due to the split and other factors, and in my ideal dream world I would love that those whose cheque books are kindly helping the series survive put that heritage and history first and do whatever they have to do for the good of the sport.

Here endeth the lesson