Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Dec 2001, 02:35 (Ref:182391)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Meeting

From My Friends at British Racing Green

==================

CART ANNOUNCES PLANS TO ENHANCE SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM

DETROIT (December 4, 2001) - Championship Auto Racing Teams, Inc. (NYSE:MPH) announced today that Joseph F. Heitzler, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, with the concurrence of the Board of Directors, has decided that the company will immediately begin a search for a new President and CEO.

The restructuring has been approved in the belief that an enhanced senior management team will better address the wide variety of challenges facing the open-wheel racing organization.

Heitzler will continue to oversee CART's day-to-day operations until the executive search is completed. No timetable was established for completion of the project. Once a new President and CEO is hired, Heitzler will remain with the company as Chairman of the Board of Directors.

"Today, the Board unanimously recognized my passion, dedication and leadership," said Heitzler, who joined the company one year and one day ago. "I will continue as Chairman and CEO of CART while we conduct a search for a President and CEO to add to the senior management team.

"After the search is completed, I will continue as CART's Chairman of the Board. I remain totally dedicated to CART and its sponsors, teams, television partners, race promoters, shareholders, and especially our fans. I wish to thank the Board for this new challenge."

==================

What do you think of this?