Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Mar 2007, 10:12 (Ref:1876574)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Congrats to the Lamborghini Murcialago R-GT!!!! Winner R1 FIA GT

Sorry but I had to do this!!

I don't want to detract from main thread discussion but this is such a momentous occurrence that it surely warrants a separate thread.

How fantastic is it that a car with a cult enthusiasts following, not to mention one of the all time top dream marques, wins in the leading International series of it's kind.

This car has been around for 4 years or so and had been written off as flashy sideshow to the main contenders.

Yet it just goes to show with the right people and right decisions involved in engineering a race car (perhaps with a little help from a rule break here and there...) a great road car can become a great race car too...

I can't remember the last time the sweetest sounding car in any motorsport series was a front running machine.

Probably the McLaren GTR in the old GT1 in the late 90's.

Anyway full marks to Reiter/AllInkl and the irrepressible Cristophe Bouchut, teammate Stefan Mucke and the rest of the squad.

Here's wishing them a consistent season up the front.