Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:16 (Ref:2035219)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul Truswell (Radio Le Mans) (merged)

Some of you will know that I am a friend of Paul Truswell, better known as the main commentary voice of Radio Le Mans since 1988. Paul went into hospital today for a serious operation. With his permission, I post part of an email he sent me last Friday:-

Hello everyone,
Most of you already know, but some may not, that I have been diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma, a tumour in my head, which is growing on the nerve between my ear and my brain. Fortunately, it is benign (non-cancerous), but it is quite large (an inch across) and will become dangerous if left to its own devices.
I am due to go into hospital on Monday of next week (October 8th) for the operation to remove it. I am due to stay in hospital for the whole week, coming home on October 14th, provided all goes well. I am then to stay at home to recuperate for up to three months. Sadly, it is expected that the operation will leave me completely deaf in the affected ear, will impact my balance function and could also cause a facial palsy (paralysis), due to the proximity of the muscles controlling that side of my face to the tumour.
I shall be in the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London (Queen Square, close to Great Ormond Street, nearest tube Russell Square).
As I shall be at home from October 15th onwards, I hope to be in touch with details of my progress after that.
Best regards,
Paul

I'm sure Paul will welcome any messages you wish to leave for him while he is recuperating. He hopes to be back to full strength for Le Mans 2008!

Best wishes Paul from the Ten Tenths Sportscar forum.