Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Feb 2002, 16:26 (Ref:220693)   #1
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D@mn! I think the Honda engine sucks again!!

Q) How do you feel about the new Honda engine?

TS) It sounds really beautiful with a great exhaust noise! It feels very smooth. Because the engine is a new concept, Honda knows it still has plenty of development in hand.

This says it all. Well I think that they will need a little more than luck to get a good finish this year. If development goes as it did last year then they might be fighting BAR for 6th or 7th. By the way JV and GF have had similar statements dealing with the motor.

Q) What do you hope to achieve this season?

GF) Above all I want to do well and try and win my first race in F1 and get as many good results as possible. It won't be easy, because as usual there are a lot of very competitive teams. The car is reasonably good. We had some early problems with reliability and with the power of the engine but have made good steps in testing.

JV's interview

Are you happy with the way things have gone with the new car?

I’m happy with the mechanical side of the new car. I haven’t driven with the new aero package yet. And we’re still waiting for the Melbourne engine too so that’s where the big question mark is.

Do you think the team will be able to break into the top three this year?

I really don’t know. I really hope so. The car felt good in my first few laps in it, a definite improvement on last year. I’m very positive about that. Mechanically it’s an improvement so I’m very positive about that.

As I said, I still haven’t tried the aero package and I haven’t tested the new engine so until then, it is difficult to say.

The drivers seem to be happy with their chassis. This means that basically the aero package and the ENGINE is all that is in question.