Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2416044)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Hastily put together Fantasy F1 entry thread

Hey everybody,

Welcome to Fantasy F1 2009. Sorry for the late start but I had completely forgot about this until someone reminded me recently. Haven't had time to change the rules so we'll follow last season. Please take time to read the rules below:

1. Team Entries:
You will be given a budget of 100,000 to select two drivers and a constructor. You must select two drivers an a constructor.
There are no points for not spending your entire budget so spend up.

Now, no two teams can be identical i.e have the same 3 components because obviously we will have a case of two people scoring the same points throughout the season. Whoever posts the team first will have preference to keeping their entry. Also you will not be allowed to have 2 components from the same 'real' team.
Eg. Massa-Ferrari-Hamilton is not a valid entry because Massa drives for Ferrari. However Massa-BMW-Hamilton is a valid entry. Ofcourse they have to be within the spending budget.

Please use the following entry form to post entries:

Your team name:
Constructor:
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Also please post the prices next to your entries so it is easier for me to enter. (I don't get paid for this you know )

2. Late Enteries: You are welcome to enter at any time during the season, however points will NOT be awarded for rounds you have missed. The reasoning is simple, you already have information of the trends of the season, ie who is fast etc. If you have joined the forum late then you could use this as an oppurtunity to
meet people and have some fun and then make an allout assault for next year's title.

3. Substitutions:
You will be allowed one free driver substitution a season. After this every substitution will cost you 7 points. Constructor substitutes will not be allowed. Please post all your substitutions in a special substitutions thread that i will be starting. Also your substitions must comply with all of 'rule 1' like budget etc.

4. Ralf fan is king: I like this rule. Basically all this means is that if an anomaly should occur, ie spygate-version 3.0 or your driver is injured and can't participate, i will basically decide how to redistribute points or indeed if we should redistribute points when this occurs. I am not going to sitand type out every single possibility before the season because god knows the FIA over the years has given us literally 2000 different types of punishments that have been handed out.
Addendum to rule #4 : Actually I'm a little boring kid who happens to have a fascination for a former german F1 driver shadowed by his almighty big brother...

5. Scoring: Well this is biggest change to this year's competition. Scoring is as follows:

Drivers:
win = 10 points
podium = 7 points
points finish = 5 points
finish = 3 points
DNF = 0 points

Bonus points for drivers
- This is the biggest change to this year. Your driver will earn 1 point for every position gained from his grid slot and will lose
one point for every position lost from his grid slot. So for eg. If Kimi quallied 10th and finished 2nd. His score would be 7points (for podium) + 7 points
for gaining 7 places. Now say if Kimi was on pole and lost it at turn 1 and finished 22nd. He would yield a score of -21 for the round. So be careful
while chosing your drivers. Some midfield chargers will earn you more points than the guys at the front over the entire season. I have tried and designed thesystem in such a way that there isn't a massive advantage of picking a 'front runner'. This way we can have a more unpredicatable competition and throw an element of luck into it.

Constructor points:

1.) 8 points - win
2.) 6 points - podium
3.) 4 points - points finish
4.) 2 points - finish
5.) -3 points - DNF

So if you had Ferrari and Raikkonen won and Massa DNFed, your total for the round would be 8-3 = 5 points.

Bonus points for constructors: 1 point if your constructor is on pole. 1 point if your constructor sets fastest lap.

Now for the prices:

1.) Lewis Hamilton 60,000
2.) Felipe Massa 60,000
3.) Kimi Raikkonen 60,000
4.) Fernando Alonso 60,000
5.) Robert Kubica 50,000
6.) Heikki Kovalainen 45,000
7.) Nick Heidfeld 40,000
8.) Jenson Button 35,000
9.) Rubens Barrichello 35,000
10.) Sebastien Vettel 35,000
11.) Jarno Trulli 30,000
12.) Timo Glock 30,000
13.) Mark Webber 30,000
14.) Nelson Piquet 25,000
15.) Nico Rosberg 25,000
16.) Kazuki Nakajima 20,000
17.) Sebastien Bourdais 10,000
18.) Sebastien Buemi 10,000
19.) Adrian Sutil 5,000
20.) Giancarlo Fisichella 5,000

Constructors…

1.) Ferrari 50,000
2.) Mclaren 50,000
3.) BMW Sauber 40,000
4.) Renault 40,000
5.) Brawn GP 35,000
6.) Toyota 35,000
7.) Red Bull Racing 30,000
8.) STR 20,000
9.) Williams-Toyota 15,000
10.) Force India 10,000

Last edited by Bononi; 15 Mar 2009 at 22:24.