Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Apr 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2452793)   #11
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
50 years history make the Btcc more prestigeous IMO
Agreed.

Quote:
Well for now Wtcc is just trying to make it 'greener', let's see if they do something before saying they're only using empty words. Certainly 5% to 10% doesn't look like much, but I've been told it's the best you can do without rebuilding the engine.
Well, the "rebuilding" required to switch everybody to eg E85 is reprogram the electronics or put in larger nozzles in the injectors. You won't get 100% efficiency from that, but if everybody uses the same fuel, it's not a problem since everybody will have the same "issues" and the performance would be similar to regular Petrol cars (fully optimized engines run better on E85 than regular pump fuel). Even the Camaro Cup with their carburator engines are happily racing on E85 after some basic ignition tweaking.

Any technical promlem tends to be grossly exaggurated by the people who don't want to see a change. Above Camaros eg was according to some impossible to run on E85. Turned out it wasn't a problem at all.

But the real problem in WTCC is how they keep delaying full E85 regs that they have promised for years and years already. There must be really strong powers blocking it from happening, because both S&BTCC has had E85 rules for several years now.

Quote:
In fact, you made it to my point. I cannot say that Stcc was worse than Btcc 15 years ago
Well, I can, and I do

Quote:
So, if we agree that the crisis has hit UK more hardly than Sweden
Can we? Do you have % of workforce that lost their jobs or % of business that has gone belly up lately so we can compare properly? Very few people works in banks, so that Swedish banks are not going belly up doesnt mean the rest of the industry isn't. Remeber, this is a global crisis that hits very hard on any country relying much on exports, Sweden included.

Quote:
SOME of the tracks in Sweden need to be renewed.
Definitely.

Quote:
I put forward the entry list because you were saying that Btcc is going down, and I assure you lots of Italian Series would love to go down as much as they are, believe me. It's not going down, it has 24 cars on the track.
Well, 22 is max so far on track this season. Last year we had 26 most of the season. 26 > 22. And we already know 3 cars that wont be there next season. Hopefully money will be less scarse so several new cars can be added to the grid. The driver lineup this year should be good enough to rekindle some public interest.

Quote:
Finally, the fact that Btcc is relying on gentlemen drivers is not quite exact.
No, but they do make up a considerably larger % of the grid in BTCC than in STCC. In Sweden the gentlemen usually prefer Carrera Cup and the STCC backmarkers tends to be younger drivers trying to get experience and hopefully a place in a top team some day.

Quote:
Anyway, manufacturer support is not crucial, IMO.
No, definitely not, but IMO it does affect the status of "currently most important E-TCC" simply by bringing with it techology advances and payed professional drivers.