Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Jul 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2502508)   #1
drjim
Rookie

drjim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
15 inch slicks

Chaps

Would like a set of 15 inch slicks for my BMW e21 316 trackday car, it's actually a full on race car, just neither wife nor life insurance lets me race at the mo. I had some 13" slicks on my road E21 for a trackday at Croft last year (melted the outer edge down to canvas on the NSF in a 20 minute session), and enjoyed the grip. The "new" car is stripped caged coilovered throttle-bodied and generally race car like, so a set of slicks would be nice. I have several sets of wheels but need 15 inch tyres to go on a 7 inch wide rim. I could buy new ones, but they appear to be £££ and I don't know where to buy, some used ones that would last for a trackday would be best though. I have used 13" Toyo R888's which were as good as the 13" slicks, but sadly my new cars rear brake calipers won't fit under 13" rims.

So - where can I buy used 15" slicks, or cheapish new ones?

Cheers

Jim