Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Nov 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2585644)   #13
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
It should be very interesting compare Porsche 911 GT3 RSR and Ferrari F430 GTC prices. I suppose you would address your disappointment on Ferrari, more than on Porsche...
Porsche is cheaper than Ferrari, and italian manufacturer has helped costs escalation.
I think you should meditate about this.

This is not a Ferrari vs Porsche issue.

The same principle that I'm concerned about applies equally to Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and others - rapid development in a performance balanced series is ultimately going to be destructive.

Worse still there have been too many instances, particularly in GT3, of buyers of evolutions of existing machinery effectively doing the development for the manufacturers.

A lot of people have paid a lot of money for cars that are effectively obsolete within two years and there is not a bottomless pit of individuals prepared to soak up that level of loss - particularly not in this climate.

It's a nice car, no doubt about that - but it's part of a troubling trend and the reality is that national GT racing grids of late are beginning to prove my point.