Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Jul 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4060914)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's hard to compare F1 with NASCAR. Things are very different. And things aren't cheap in NASCAR either. Any motorsport high up will be, even with costs under control. Also there's less development in NASCAR in F1

Seriously F1 needs to have a very good think on where it goes next with regards to engines. I don't mind the current power units, but have they really made it better? It my view they've made things more complicated, when it should have been made simpler like other motorsports

But each to their own. I think other motorsports have done well to keep technology simple. We'll see what F1 does next.

It's an interesting debate. I wouldn't mind seeing a return of V8s, even if I'm not fussed either way. I still think motorsport should keep engines sounding good. We need the engine note to remain, it helps add to the spectacle. But we need less complicated engines in F1 for sure. Even the previous turbos were less complicated and they certainly added to the spectacle. I feel the current breed of engines may have had their day