Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Nov 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4187040)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Lewis vs Christian (he said, she said)

I thought not to put this in the rumours thread because this is both of them speaking publicly and having a hiss fight.

Lewis asked to go to RBR- or RBR tried to steal Lewis

"Horner dropped a sensational claim Lewis Hamilton earlier this year approached him about moving to the Red Bull team. Red Bull boss Christian Horner was quoted in the British media this week claiming that Hamilton’s management team has “reached out” several times, adding that “earlier this year there was an inquiry about whether there would be any interest”.

Hamilton responded on Thursday by turning the table on the Red Bull principal, suggesting Horner has approached him about the potential move.
“I don’t really know where that story has come from,” said the seven-time champion. "I know it’s come from Christian but I don’t really understand what he’s been talking about. No one, as far as I’m aware, from my team has spoken to him. I haven’t spoken to Christian in years.”

Max Verstappen has now rejected the notion his team were considering approaching Lewis Hamilton to partner him in a dream line-up.
It’s not happening,” said Verstappen at Yas Marin a yesterday “There’s no point to make up stories if it’s not happening. I wouldn’t mind, but it doesn’t matter. I don’t want to put it particularly on Lewis. There’s so many great drivers and sometimes it just doesn’t work out like that.”

---------------------------------------------------------

So Christian says Lewis wanted in, Lewis said no I didnt and Max said I wasnt going to happen. Who do you believe?

B77s thoughts.

Beginning of the year Checo was doing OK so why replace him. Max would not want Lewis in HIS team. Lewis would want equal 1 as 7 times champ. and would not work with max to be his backup man. Max and Lewis dont particularly, like each other so it would make for a very unhappy workplace and nasty office politics with the whole team dividing into team Lewis vs team max with potential bad blood.
The first time Lewis refuses to stay behind max and they touch sending both off the red bull pit and factory would explode.

Conversely the Merc was a truck last year and a mess early this year and the team admitted at the time "We dont know why". So that doesnt give you confidence that it will be fixed for 24. Lewis was still raw about 21, and wants to win again and to rub Maxs nose in it. But the best his team could promise him was "hopefully podiums". If he got a foot in the door at RBR he could steal it from Max eventually.

Max didnt say it did or didnt happen and who started it. He just said that he wouldnt allow it if anyone ever suggested it. And right now RBR wouldnt do anything to upset max and have him leave.

So why would RBR break a winning formula if it would make Max unhappy and risk breaking the organisation. But I can see Lewis making "just see if he might be chance. Nothing too serious just casual sound out" and Christian seeing a chance to further make life hard for Toto and throw a bomb into team merc over xmas and 2024 prep time, has made it sound like "Lewis really wants to come to us. Toto your teams a mess, happy xmas"

This is the stuff I love about F1,.... hehehe