Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Dec 2001, 22:31 (Ref:184502)   #1
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerry Earnhardts deal.

Kerry Earnhardt signs Busch Series deal for '02
By Tim Packman, Turner Sports Interactive
November 29, 2001
3:46 PM EST (2046 GMT)

NEW YORK -- What happens when a big name in NASCAR and another from the NFL join forces? A new race team is formed.

Kerry Earnhardt

Kerry Earnhardt, eldest son of the late Dale Earnhardt, and Terry Bradshaw, NFL hall of fame quarterback and a current broadcaster with Fox Sports, have joined existing Busch Series owner Armando Fitz to form FitzBradshaw Racing. Earnhardt will be driving the No. 8 Chevrolet for the team in 2002.

Joining the team as a sponsor will be Supercuts, a national chain of hair salons. 2001 Earnhardt drove in three Busch Series events in competed in the ARCA Series where he won three races. This will be his first full-time opportunity to compete in a NASCAR series.

"Racing is what I do, racing is what people in my family do," Earnhardt said. "I am grateful for the opportunity to drive the Supercuts car and fans can look for it in the winner's circle."

Bradshaw, an NFL Hall-of-Famer and a four-time Super Bowl champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers, has been looking for an opportunity to get involved with NASCAR.

"I love the sport and want to be a part of it," Bradshaw said. "This opportunity is something I've sought for some time and I know that partnering with Fitz, Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Incorporated (DEI) is a perfect combination."

DEI will assist with engines, aero support and engineering direction. The rest of the operation will be conducted out of the FitzBradshaw facility in North Carolina.

This is great I.M.O hopfully we will have another Champion in the making. With D.E.I involved it has to be good,doesn't it?

--------------------