Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 16 Jul 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1038336)   #1
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I split this thread Tailwind, since it doesn't pertain to the 2005 season, but rather this season, and I thought it would be more noticed in its own thread.

This posted on Champweb.com:

Speculation at this point in time, but Puerto Rico has been mentioned as the fill in for the last TBA on the Champ Car schedule. This would be an event also ran with the Trans Am series so it makes sense.

St. Petersburg is also being mentioned as a replacement for the now defunct Seoul, Korea race.

Last edited by jjspierx; 16 Jul 2004 at 17:22.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1038365)   #2
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's been posted a lot of places. Time will tell.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1038450)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
I split this thread Tailwind, since it doesn't pertain to the 2005 season, but rather this season, and I thought it would be more noticed in its own thread.

This posted on Champweb.com:

Speculation at this point in time, but Puerto Rico has been mentioned as the fill in for the last TBA on the Champ Car schedule. This would be an event also ran with the Trans Am series so it makes sense.

St. Petersburg is also being mentioned as a replacement for the now defunct Seoul, Korea race.

has the promoter in Puerto Rico (or Gentilozzi, if he had a piece of that race for payouts on contracts or obligations as the head of Trans-Am) paid off all of the obligations owed from last October, or settled the litigation brought against that event last October?????

At one time, Trans-Am teams had not been paid winnings or transport costs that were promised, and someone was being sued by a singer who was under contract to sing the national Anthem and to wear a "MotorRock" T-Shirt as part of her involvement....

The flak that came about over the winter following the Trans Am race down there last fall tells me that if this is a Deal with a Promoter" event, then OWRS should "Run...Not Walk" away from this optionas fast as they can....

Especially if it is the guy who was involved with the Trans-Am event last year....he is bad news....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Jul 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1038457)   #4
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanx Tim... I forgot about that little fiasco ops: guess Sklenka's fantasy won't happen... hihihaha...

btw, St.Pete is all but announced as being the November TBA ?!... and should Seoul not materialize this year it won't be any big loss and racing week-to-week is not something that OWRS is looking forward to...

zerO
Old 16 Jul 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1038461)   #5
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting thing is that now I can't find the statement on ChampWeb. I wonder if someone put that little piece of news up too soon and then realized that it was unsupported.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1038462)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zerO
Thanx Tim... I forgot about that little fiasco ops: guess Sklenka's fantasy won't happen... hihihaha...

btw, St.Pete is all but announced as being the November TBA ?!... and should Seoul not materialize this year it won't be any big loss and racing week-to-week is not something that OWRS is looking forward to...

zerO
Did things get settled with the promoter who was involved in the 1st St. pete race that was bogging things up before???

I hope so...I'd love to have an excuse to make a trip down to the Tampa Bay area (my father-in-law lives in Tampa) in November to catch a race at St.Pete!!!!

Old 16 Jul 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1038475)   #7
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tailwind
Interesting thing is that now I can't find the statement on ChampWeb. I wonder if someone put that little piece of news up too soon and then realized that it was unsupported.

Don does that all the time - especially after he gets a bunch of e-mails telling him he goofed... hihihaha...

zerO
Old 16 Jul 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1038476)   #8
zerO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Did things get settled with the promoter who was involved in the 1st St. pete race that was bogging things up before???

I hope so...I'd love to have an excuse to make a trip down to the Tampa Bay area (my father-in-law lives in Tampa) in November to catch a race at St.Pete!!!!
Supposedly KK & Co have settled with Begley (don't know how much down from $800K, not important) - that's why all this talk about St.Pete for this year and next and...

zerO
Old 16 Jul 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1038485)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, zer0.....

St. Pete and Surfers are the only two street tracks I like...

Old 16 Jul 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1038629)   #10
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Puerto Rico Trans Am race seemed wildy popular at least from what I saw on the TV coverage. The stands looked packed, the track was great for racing. I think it might be a bit small for Champcars, but its still loads better than Denver or Miami were, and its wide since its on an airport.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1038646)   #11
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but not much run off like cleveland, plus weren't the trans am cars chewing up the corners pretty bad last year?
Old 17 Jul 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1038705)   #12
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Thanks, zer0.....

St. Pete and Surfers are the only two street tracks I like...
Not Toronto, after last week?

From a purely racing standpoint, both St Pete and Puerto Rico (from what little I saw of last years Trans-Am race) are great track, especially St Pete, such a great track, so typical that after dangling it in front of us, it was taken away!

(As I said in another thread, apoligies for repeating myself!) Autosport over here in the U.K. have already announced A) Korea cancelled and B) St Pete is TBA two (definate on both), so I'm desperate to find out if they're 1)Know something we don't, or 2)Just blindly publishing rumours as facts! :confused:
Old 17 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1038841)   #13
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ZerO,

Sorry that I posted the same rumor on another thread. I can be a real idiot at times

Old 17 Jul 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1038846)   #14
zerO
Veteran

eyyyyy... don't take it too hard on yourself - it happens to the best of us - even I goofed a few times...

zerO
Old 19 Jul 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1040383)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by codename_47
Not Toronto, after last week?
Guess you didn't read my take on the Toronto "crashFest & Conga Line" in another thread, did you???

That's right...I thought the Toronto race stunk....

But that MHO....

BTW....

Puerto Rico's layout is fairly similar to Cleveland's, isn't it????

The Trans-Am action was good there, and they did draw a good crowd...

I'm worried about whether this possible race would be with the same promoter as the Trans-Am race.....there were lots of problems with payments, etc., following that event...

OWRS doesn't need to get into possible litigation issues because of a promoter with a less than stellar reputation for paying bills on time, or honoring contracts....