Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Jun 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1001434)   #1
sawbench
Rookie

sawbench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh - Fleetwoods comments

Myself and Mrs Sawbench made the miles up to Shelsley last weekend and had a brilliant days sport in Worcestershire. Hot sunny weather and good racing and ALL of those records. Amazing! Bit hot for Mrs S so she sat in the Air conned car for a bit, but better than rain.

Fleetwood did very well but Wight Jnr did brilliantly well to even keep in touch with a 1 litre deficit in the same car.

I was very dissappointed though when Fleetwood said at the presentation that he was, "not surprised that Graeme went off and that it was inevitable that the accident was going to happen if he was to keep up with me."

The front of the guy - really not very sporting in an amatuer environment. Fleetwood Jnr is a very good driver in the best car, butif it was anyone else but Wight Jnr in that red Gould into Bottom S at 129mph, and then up on the bank, it would have been a VERY big accident were it not for his car control, throwing it into a spin.

Am I the only one to have noticed thesse comments as nothing here?

See the rest of the action at Loton tomorrow. Making the trip up tonight to brother in law's to save a big drive both ways on one day.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1001518)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you reckon he will move off the hills a la Priaulx?
BTW are Chevron still based down near you? They actually have a 250m kart test track there I believe.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1001734)   #3
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I thought it was a great day myself as well sawbench.
Shame Mrs Sawbench felt the need to sit in the jalopy. I never realised theat they did a Cortina with A/C but there goes. Live and learn.

Effort of the day in my book lies with Jnr. Sacrificing cc and horsepower in bucketfuls he drove out of his skin.

A good day too for Phil Cooke and Sue Young as well. Sandra Tomlin also bettered her Ladies Record time as well, but it was not enough.

The records tumbled didn't they. Like the old days of the 70s relived I thought. The days of Bolsover, ADO, Cramer and Lane all over again. A remarkable talent I feel.

Who would ever have thought that we would see low 24s in our day. I certainly didn't.

And a spot of glorious Shelsley weather. How do they do it?
Has to be the greatest speed event and venue for me. The others can only look on wistfully.
Old 12 Jun 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1001737)   #4
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ghinzani-
There are 2 Chevron concerns in the UK as we know it. The Piddletrenthide one is run by Roger Andreason and I believe that he owns the right to the Chevron name in UK.
He also used to be the man that dealt in the Carcoon device for storing classic cars in.

The other concern is Vin Malkie in Antrobus, Cheshire who is still heavily involved in the running and preparation of Chevrons. He is an ex Derek Bennett Chevron employee from the original factory in Bolton. His wife is Helen Bashford - Malkie who is no mean peddler in her own right. She races Chevrons and also pilots a Shadow ex F1 car to some great effect. She was at the May Shelsley meeting piloting the Chevron 1600 recently restored by Keith "Bomber" Harris.
She was also involved in the special Chevron class at the May meeting last year when we were blessed with the likes of Kent Abrahamson and others from the Chevron stable.

Vin is a mine of information regarding Chevrons and prepares the Worcestershire Racing Assc car of John Burton as well as many others.

Hope that this answers your queries.

Last edited by Fireblade; 12 Jun 2004 at 14:13.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 06:29 (Ref:1003143)   #5
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sawbench,
I had not heard Fleetwood's comments but I am surprised at the nature of them if true.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:31 (Ref:1003170)   #6
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then again you could look at what Adam said and see that he is speaking factually, not critically...we all know Graeme is driving the wheels off the Gr51 and have been expecting something to give before now...I`m just pleased that he held it and walked away. Sound bites are great for the media but they don`t always give the full story...oh and regarding Graeme`s effort in the morning runoff....David Grace told me he thought that was probably one of the most committed runs he has ever seen.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1003174)   #7
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Adam and Graeme are at the top of thier game. Its doing wonders for the sport. Just watching them is mind blowing.
Gizmo raises a good point, perhaps Adam is speaking factually. Whatever the case, to see all the records going is great.
What was the score at Loton this weekend.? Anyone there??
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1010151)   #8
sawbench
Rookie

sawbench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why doesn't anyone react to the point of the thread?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1046903)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sawbench
why doesn't anyone react to the point of the thread?
Ok then, I'll try to................

I was standing next to Adam when he said those words and saw the look in his eyes!!! He was trying to understand just how someone, with maybe 100hp less than him, could still push him so close!! Adam's quote after the first run-off was....... "I don't EVER want to have to do that again!!" does this sound arrogant???

I was standing at Bottom Ess when Graeme Jnr "put-it-into-a-spin".............. still not convinced that he was not trying to finish his run!!
The calmness of the guy was a sight to behold especially as all of us, me excluded as I was I/O, turned-up with bottles to what we expected to be the Mother-and-Father of accidents!! Jnr

Jnr knows that his car is not quick enough, as did Adam at the time, which explains why Jnr has now decided not to pump money into the old car and to try and concentrate on the new one.

Adam's comments??? were truthful, honest and without malice.................. just wish I could say the same about certain other drivers in other forms of motorsport!!

Well Done Adam.............

Blooddy Good Effort Graeme (Jnr!!!!)
Old 25 Jul 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1047031)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes I took his words to indicate that Graham was having to drive heyond the limits of the car to match him, and that makes it almost inevitable that one day it would be too far. I didn't take it as arrogance, triumphalism or any other unpleasant emotion, merely a statement of fact. I suspect that he's looking forward to Graham being out there in an equal car.