Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 May 2001, 14:56 (Ref:94021)   #1
rumple
Rookie

rumple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F-3000 on ITV

I think ITV is starting to show the FIA F-3000 Championship in the U.K. tomorrow. Check your local listings.
Old 19 May 2001, 16:33 (Ref:94284)   #2
formula-3000net
Racer

formula-3000net should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite being 7 weeks late, the pictures were a lot better than Eurosport's. They seemed to be using different camera angles...and they had the on-car cameras from the PPV coverage which Eurosport doesn't use.
Old 20 May 2001, 12:51 (Ref:94474)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it on again?
Old 20 May 2001, 14:11 (Ref:94486)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did anyone tape it, either?
Old 20 May 2001, 22:26 (Ref:94623)   #5
formula-3000net
Racer

It's on again in the early hours of Friday morning - 3.55am to be precise.

...that's except for viewers in the Scottish and Grampian regions where the repeat was this morning at 1.05am, and who will get local political programmes on Friday.

Based on last year, I would expect it to be repeated again on ITV2 on Tuesday 29th at 6pm, but the schedule hasn't been published yet.
Old 21 May 2001, 11:26 (Ref:94747)   #6
rumple
Rookie

rumple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure about the re-run-run of the Brazil round but all other rounds will be shown on every Saturday that is not a grand prix weekend.
Old 23 May 2001, 13:37 (Ref:95549)   #7
speedy
Rookie

speedy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV will be showing the FIA F3000 championship in the UK between 13:00 and 15:00 hrs on the following dates -
Rd 1 Brazil 19th May (Shame if you missed it - it was jolly good! As Dan rightly says it will be repeated at 3:55 Friday morning so set your videos!)
Rd 2 Imola 2nd June
Rd 3 Barcelona 16th June
Rd 4 Austria 7th July
Rd 5 Monaco 21st July
Rd 6 Nurburgring 4 August
Rd 7 France 11 August
Rd 8 Great Britain 25 August
Rd 9 Hockenheim 8 September
Rd 10 Hungary 22 September
Rd 11 Spa 6 October
Rd 12 Monza 20 October

They have their own crew at each event shooting links, interviews and race footage, and concentrate on the British drivers and teams.
Old 23 May 2001, 13:53 (Ref:95553)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow! It's possible to made the exchange of videos with guys who can save the services? Here in Argentina we only can watch the races via PSN, only races, no qualifying, and really we can be expect because PSN sometimes didn't respect his mensual TV schedule they send to cable operators.
If someone is interested about Sudam F3 or other categories, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards, Mekola
Old 23 May 2001, 15:15 (Ref:95567)   #9
Rempie
Racer

Rempie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys are so lucky, the live-coverage at Eurosport really sucks (not to mention the commentators).

I know all the F3000-cars have onboard-cameras, do u actually get to see them at ITV?? Demn, I really don't understand why Eurosport can't get the same footage, afterall, ITV is a free TV-station as well isn't it?

It's only on british cable right?
Old 23 May 2001, 17:20 (Ref:95595)   #10
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cos Eurosport's a cheapskate and is forced to scavenge on Sky Sports' leftovers. And its commentary's rubbish too

Eurosport is on digital, and I assume cable too and analogue satellite. ITV is a terrestrial channel, but is also avilable on cable and some digital services, where u can do the interactive stuff. ITV is commercial like Eurosport, compared to BBC which is state owned. For some reason ITV won't let Sky have ITV channels, cos of some share problem (confused? so are we). ITV also has regional differences, and i don't think F3000 is shown in every region.

And what's the pojnt of showing a race that's 7 weeks old?

Last edited by badoer fan; 23 May 2001 at 17:21.
Old 23 May 2001, 18:07 (Ref:95620)   #11
formula-3000net
Racer

I have to say that while ITV has higher production values, than Eurosport, that is almost certainly because it has six weeks in which to produce a programme, whereas Eurosport show it live.

I really don't bother watching ITV's coverage (I know what happened, I reported on it!)
It's a bit of a joke trying to squeeze two 45 minute qualifying sessions, a race lasting over an hour and interviews and background reports into a show which only lasts for 24 minutes!

Eurosport certainly doesn't have to scavenge off Sky's leftovers...they are one of the dominant players in the european sports broadcasting world with rights to sports that Sky can only dream of. It is Sky which is picking up sports dropped by Eurosport - this year for example they've taken Tractor Pulling...

ITV channels aren't on Sky because of the regions...the cost of broadcasting 27 regional variations by satellite is huge, although it looks like 16 of those regions will launch on satellite at the end of the year.

British Eurosport is not free - it's a pay channel, in the primary package of cable and DTT operators, and in the family package of Sky.
Its sister channels, Eurosport France and Eurosport News are also pay tv, while Eurosport International is free in some countries, but pay in others.

Last edited by formula-3000net; 23 May 2001 at 18:12.
Old 24 May 2001, 07:54 (Ref:95846)   #12
Rempie
Racer

Rempie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh wait; I didn't notice ITV broadcasts the race 7 weeks later; now that's stupid! F3000 races are quite boring to watch if you already know the result imo; except for those few races like the one 2 weeks ago.

I guess I'm happy with eurosport coz' at least they give me live coverage. They usually have 2 or 3 commercials but they don't take too much time.

I don't understand why Bernie doesn't allow Eurosport to broadcast the high-quality broadcast though (onboard-pictures/... all the digital stuff). Eurosport is the only channel broadcasting F3000 live, right? It would be a good promotion for F3000!

I guess the digital pay-channels who broadcast F1 (Premiere/Canal+/Sky Sports?/..) have the exclusive rights to the full weekend (including Porsche Supercup/F3000/.. although they don't broadcast is).

I really hope there WILL be an alternative F1-series by 2008, organised by the manufacturers/teams. Formula 1 is completely based on the fact that viewers all over the world watch the advertisements on the cars and tracks. Bernie tries to gain money by selling the good digital TV-pictures, so viewers have to pay to watch the advertisements on cars/tracks. This is gonna ruïn formula 1 in the near future, it wouldn't be the case if the TV-rights were owned by teams/sponsors/tracks instead of the FOCA.

Splitting up is never a good solution though, a lot could be reached when the analogue TV-stations and formula1-teams/sponsors would put some pressure on FIA/FOCA. If they go on strike there will be no F1...
Old 24 May 2001, 22:17 (Ref:96250)   #13
formula-3000net
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rempie
I don't understand why Bernie doesn't allow Eurosport to broadcast the high-quality broadcast though (onboard-pictures/... all the digital stuff). Eurosport is the only channel broadcasting F3000 live, right? It would be a good promotion for F3000!

I guess the digital pay-channels who broadcast F1 (Premiere/Canal+/Sky Sports?/..) have the exclusive rights to the full weekend (including Porsche Supercup/F3000/.. although they don't broadcast is).

Sky Sports don't have any rights to Bernie-controlled motorsport. He doesn't like Murdoch.
It's only Canal+, PW and Tele+ that can show the digital service live...Eurosport can only show the world feed.
Perhaps we should convince the PPBV broadcasters to actually show the races?

Quote:
I really hope there WILL be an alternative F1-series by 2008, organised by the manufacturers/teams. Formula 1 is completely based on the fact that viewers all over the world watch the advertisements on the cars and tracks. Bernie tries to gain money by selling the good digital TV-pictures, so viewers have to pay to watch the advertisements on cars/tracks. This is gonna ruïn formula 1 in the near future, it wouldn't be the case if the TV-rights were owned by teams/sponsors/tracks instead of the FOCA.
Don't be fooled into thinking the digital service is making money for Bernie...it isn't. In fact he's losing well over $100million per year running it, and that's why it's not more widespread...
The money from trackside adverts goes to the circuit owners (so unless we get races at Paul Ricard or Biggin Hill, Bernie won't see any of that either)
Old 3 Jun 2001, 16:40 (Ref:100612)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they repeating the Imola race? There is 'World Sport' at 3.35am on Friday morning, but it's listed on 2nd June (yesterday) as 'International Motor Racing'. Are they the same or different?
Old 3 Jun 2001, 19:23 (Ref:100688)   #15
formula-3000net
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Are they repeating the Imola race? There is 'World Sport' at 3.35am on Friday morning, but it's listed on 2nd June (yesterday) as 'International Motor Racing'. Are they the same or different?
It's different. Due to the General Election coverage this week, the repeat of the Imola race will be shown on Friday 15th June at 3.25am
Old 3 Jun 2001, 19:58 (Ref:100704)   #16
Paddock Spy
Rookie

Paddock Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Formula 3000.net is a journalist. And you get to cover the races. Do you go to every race? Wow, sounds really good. You are very lucky. Who do you write for? Where can we read your work? Is it on-line anywhere? If you go to all the races, which one is your favourite?
Old 4 Jun 2001, 00:08 (Ref:100793)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:45 (Ref:105048)   #18
speedy
Rookie

If you missed the dullest F3000 race ever (Rd 3 Barcelona 2001), you can see catch it again on ITV this Saturday (13.40 hrs) - can ITV make it into an exciting race? Comments please....!!!
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:03 (Ref:105053)   #19
formula-3000net
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy
If you missed the dullest F3000 race ever (Rd 3 Barcelona 2001), you can see catch it again on ITV this Saturday (13.40 hrs) - can ITV make it into an exciting race? Comments please....!!!
Yes they can make it exciting by not showing much of the race, and filling their 35 minutes with Porsche Cup and IRL action.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:25 (Ref:105061)   #20
speedy
Rookie

For info..ITV are not showing IRL in their F3000 programme.