Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:30 (Ref:103517)   #1
The Kiwi
Rookie

The Kiwi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Goransson

This is one for the infamous rimrider.

Is Richard Goransson the best thing out of Sweden since their meatballs?
Old 11 Jun 2001, 08:44 (Ref:103804)   #2
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Richard Goransson

Quote:
Originally posted by The Kiwi
This is one for the infamous rimrider.

Is Richard Goransson the best thing out of Sweden since their meatballs?
Robert Dalghren is far better.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 12:35 (Ref:103884)   #3
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best thing to come out of Sweden since their meatballs are all the six foot blondes with big tits!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 12:52 (Ref:103895)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that Rimrider

I'm not totally convinced about Goransson, but he does seem to be leading the way so far in British FFord. I'm still not sure whether that's 'cos he's great, or that the rest aren't particularly special. Anyone else got an opinion - on FFord's that is, if you really want to talk about statuesque blondes the gravel trap might be a better place to do it
Old 11 Jun 2001, 13:38 (Ref:103917)   #5
Rimrider
Racer

On a more serious note I think there are alot of good drivers in FF this year.

Goransson, Long, Rudholm, Bremmer, Dahlgren, Heylen, Carroll are all potential race winners. Its hard to tell whos very good until they progress but they are all worth a look at. FF is probably the most competitive series in the UK at the moment.

Rim
Old 12 Jun 2001, 13:14 (Ref:104414)   #6
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In last weeks edition of Auto Action in Australia the boss of Ford Racing Australia, Howard Marsden, has outlined his plans for a one make FF category for Oz. Ford Motor Company will design, build and run the cars, all in-house.

Quote:
Marsden is also concerned with the FFord situation in the UK where observers claim engineering input is now more important than driver talent. "In the UK it's chassis skill and that's not what we are after," explained Marsden. "We are not after designing young engineers, we are after designing young drivers."
I thought that the UK FFord racing scene was close and has produced quite a few exceptional drivers over the years. Obviously I have it all wrong. Your thoughts please.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 17:43 (Ref:104461)   #7
Track
Rookie

Track should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Marshal, I'd have to agree with you about Goransson, he has been the best of the bunch in terms of results but don't forget his superior machinery.

As a British FFord fan I'd have to say my three personal favourites are:

Bremmer - new to the series with great potential he has had some promising drives and should have won at Rockingham. Will undoubtedly come good towards the end of the year.

Carroll - the smoothest driver in FFord, very talented and should be a star if he moves to F3.

Dahlgren - the seasoned FFord campaigner but still one of the most agressive and exciting drivers out there.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 08:22 (Ref:104669)   #8
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi track and welcome to 10 Tenths, glad to see you join the discussion (and *not* just 'cos you agreed with me ). I've only seen one FFord race so far this year, so I'm going to reserve judgement till I see a few more - I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all get on at Combe, as this will be the 2nd new track to most of them in a row, and Rockingham seems to have shaken the order up a bit.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 17:04 (Ref:104815)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it helps Richard that he's a bit older than most of the other drivers... Anyway, he's definitely the #1 FF driver this year.

The best thing to come out of Sweden since Victoria Silvstedt
Old 16 Jun 2001, 14:43 (Ref:105851)   #10
Sassy
Rookie

Sassy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there no British drivers that stand out in FF this year?

Ryan Sharpe is doing well. Who else is there? :confused:
Old 18 Jun 2001, 11:41 (Ref:106424)   #11
farcnield

Ryan sharp oh come on!
I believe Dahlgren, Carrol and Gorranson, are the top three kidies this year.

Carrol tested Matt Davies F3 car at Snetterton and he seemed to be a natural!! I believe his times were very similar to those of other Avanti driver Milos Pavlovic. Money guarranteed and a good team next year and i think we`ll see another great graduand of the ff series, possibly even towards the end of this year !

farc

Old 19 Jun 2001, 17:35 (Ref:106939)   #12
Vrooar!
Rookie

Vrooar! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swedes

Personally, I think both Rudholm and Danielson are easily as good as Goranson.

Rudholm is experiencing an unbelievable string of bad luck and Danielson is in a crappy car so Goranson gets all the limelight. Once Rudholm gets his first win in he'll be unstopable. Danielson has ruled himself out by choosing the Vector but put him in a decent car and he'll drive rings around the competition.

Dahlgren should have long left FFord for bigger and better things.

My two cents.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 10:22 (Ref:107267)   #13
Garaputo
Rookie

Garaputo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Rudholm will have to not drive off the track while in the lead before he wins a race, don't hold your breath for this one.

G
Old 20 Jun 2001, 10:34 (Ref:107272)   #14
Zingo
Rookie

Zingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Vrooar, get a clue!

You must be Swedish, because you're so far off on your British FF. You should travel over for a race to see "your boys" in action. Rudholm and Danielson? Ha!!!!
Those two do nothing but drive through the dirt and bounce off other cars!

Rudholm has gone off all alone twice while leading races. - That sounds like a bit of a problem if he's going to dominate like you predict...

...and Danielson, that kid must have vision problems! He is a consistent driver, in that you always know he'll be running straight into the back of other cars! I've yet to see him finish a race!!!

Sorry to be blunt, but you haven't got a clue!!!
Old 20 Jun 2001, 13:38 (Ref:107378)   #15
Track
Rookie

Track should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Zingo, I have to back you up on this one!

It amazes me the drivers that are hailed as great talents.

The British FFord championship is extremely tough and challenging and most of the drivers would not be there if they did not have some degree of talent for the sport. However, there is a world of difference between the drivers able to put in consistant performances to mount a serious title challenge and the rest who are there to make up the numbers - enter dirt track supremos Rudholm and Danielson (they are not fit to tighten Gorransson and Dahlgren's wheel nuts)

And as for Ryan Sharp, don't even get me started.......

I'll be surprised if the eventual champion is not one of the current top three:

Goransson
Dahlgren
Carroll
Old 20 Jun 2001, 14:39 (Ref:107417)   #16
Garaputo
Rookie

Garaputo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I agree with track to a certain extent but i mean how long have Gorranson and Dahlgren been racing FF?

They were both racing in Swedish FF for a long time, Gorranson has raced a Vovlo touring car for god sake!!

I think you can take Carrol out of that list and put Pat Long in, Carrol has really been struggling lately.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 17:25 (Ref:107469)   #17
Vrooar!
Rookie

Vrooar! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zingo, yo're not blunt, you're just totally missing the point.

And track: I'm not saying they are the greatest talents ever to grace the tracks of this world. But neither are Goranson and Dahlgren IMHO. Besides, a couple of good showings in FFord is way too meager to start hailing ppl anyway. Of all the talented drivers named in this thread, how many will fade away before they get the chance to drive anything faster than an F3 ?

What I AM saying that when the question is: "Who is the best up and coming Swede of the moment" then Rudholm and Danielson are your men.

Maybe I was holding back when I said Rudholm is experiencing bad luck and should have said: "Rudholm is driving like an ass right now and totally not doing his talent right". O.k., I'll grant you that. Because Robin IS driving like an ass on racedays. My point is that if he manages to sort this out FAST and start showing the real Rudholm then Goransson will be nowhere. We are talking about someone that came third in the festival finale in his first season in England. He can definately drive.

As for Danielson: yes, he too is crashing out far too frequently. But how much damage did Dahlgren do in his early career before he started winning ?

I'm not blind: Goransson is by far the most succesful Swede at the moment. And there are a lot of fast English/Irish/American guys and girl in the series. My point is just that Rudholm and Danielson are the most TALENTED Swedes..

Sorry for the long thread, just can't stand ignorance
Old 20 Jun 2001, 17:35 (Ref:107476)   #18
Rimrider
Racer

Vrooar!. Danielson has no talent he's a hooligan! He couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs a@$e.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 18:35 (Ref:107515)   #19
Zingo
Rookie

Zingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vrooar, thanks for re-establishing NOTHING!

Now you're coming back on your words from before! If you can't stand ignorance, stop talking!!!

Now you're gone from predicting these two will " drive circles " around the rest, to they're the most talented Swedes. Com'on... The point is, you have no point!

Start talking about the guys who actually get to the finnish...
Old 21 Jun 2001, 11:56 (Ref:107844)   #20
Sassy
Rookie

*tiptoes in

I think that having read a few of these posts, that most of you seem to think that drivers who crash out and collide with others are by virtue of the fact that they don't finish races pretty ****.

BUT, surely it's the drivers that are prepared to push harder and faster, and as a result take risks and may crash, that are the ones to watch.

Sure, you can follow the racing line, qualify well and consistently finish - but is that racing?

Even James Courtney has needlessly crashed out a few times, notably at the FF festival last year. Sato as well. And even Schumy, and Senna. But it's about taking risks, and maybe 9 times out of 10 it won't pay off, but the one time it does it makes the driver an exceptional one.

So I don't think the argument should be on who finishes well, but rather who races well.

In which case, though I agree he should have moved on to better things by now, I think Dalghren is a good racer. Don't forget that Rudholm and Goransson have the advantage this year of superior machinery.

But y'know, I'm a bird. What do I know? It's only my HO.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 13:39 (Ref:107877)   #21
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sassy, you mentioned that Goransson and Rudholm have superior machinery. Do you mean the brand of car/engine or team? Sorry if this sounds silly but we don't get a lot of UK info down this way and the web results don't list teams.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 14:42 (Ref:107908)   #22
Sassy
Rookie

They are with the works team - Van Diemen - which is the chassis which seems to be dominating British FF and is used by quite a few of the leading teams.

They therefore have the obvious benefits in terms of the latest developments that any works team has.

The engines are all or mostly (?i think) Solus.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 16:03 (Ref:107931)   #23
Rimrider
Racer

Sassy, I think theres nothing wrong with your views. In fact I think that most people would agree with you that we all want to see 'real racers'.

The problem is that theres racers who race and there are racers who are idiots. Drivers like Courtney and Sato (although I think they have had their 'dull moments') who are prepared to take a risk have grey matter in their heads. Drivers like Danielson have a brain the size of a shrinking pea! They just try to drive into people to gain places.

I think your okay for a bird.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 16:06 (Ref:107933)   #24
Sassy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimrider

I think your okay for a bird.
Thanks