Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 12 Nov 2004, 03:28 (Ref:1151145)   #1
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Conflicting Smileys

Gday all I wanted to post a link to a earlier thread and when I tried to paste in the link a couple of evil minded smileys jumped right in and broke it
Here is the thread in question
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...42#post1151142
Old 12 Nov 2004, 03:29 (Ref:1151147)   #2
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
well at least you dont have view my other thread now.

Any hope of a fix for this one ?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 04:06 (Ref:1151156)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Is this what you wanted to do?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...42#post1151142

Or this?

:)

I just turned smilies off for the post. Hmm, I'm sure it never used to do this though
Old 12 Nov 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1151178)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The code for that smiley is colon capital P so if something has those letters together, then it will put in smileys.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1151186)   #5
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Thanks for the help,
Wrex first time its happened to me too
EvilPumpkin I dont thnk there was a colon in the url for some reason its triggering on a P only
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1151234)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
test post

;p &p
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1151235)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
p &p
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1151236)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok that's weird - for some reason & and p together with no space is activating the smiley...... I'll look into it - sorry about that!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1151248)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
&p
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1151249)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it is.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1151256)   #11
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Great stuff guys I'll leave it in the hands of the experts then
Cheers
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1151258)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
*looks around* there are experts? Damn, why wasn't I informed. I needn't have bothered looking at it........
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1151260)   #13
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
:LOL
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1151277)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
&p ;p
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1151278)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
ok I've changed the entry code for it and that seems to have fixed the problem. Have to take things apart a bit more to find out what caused it and can't do that from work - but it's fixed for da moment anyway!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1151286)   #16
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EP...While you're at it can you fix my printer...oh and I could do with a couple of seconds a lap...can you help?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1151288)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
The impossible we do every day....miracles take a little longer
Old 12 Nov 2004, 14:08 (Ref:1151572)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Ok that's weird - for some reason & and p together with no space is activating the smiley...... I'll look into it - sorry about that!
That's because... & isn't really an & it's held as &amp; so &p becomes &amp;p which then gets mangled and turns into a simley. The joys of precedence and HTML! You'd also have found that <p and >p would have been similarly affected.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 00:45 (Ref:1161389)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bizarre reading this after it's been fixed. Someone's taking the &p