Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Dec 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1174574)   #51
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think anyone would have struggled to give insightful commentry on the Hungarian Gp..

The thing with James along with his "quotes" is his obvious stating of facts... "Ohh look martin Michael Schumacher is leading." We have eyes we can see that, he cant seem to give insightful feedback on what is going on the tv.
And when he doesnt seem to have anything say he'll ask one of his questions. "So for the benefit of the viewers can you explain what understeer is Martin"

His commentry is predictable, He is loud and his quotes are cringe worthy
Old 8 Dec 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1174694)   #52
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could have Magny-Cours 1999 every 2 weeks and he would still ruin it somehow.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1174766)   #53
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
And when he doesnt seem to have anything say he'll ask one of his questions. "So for the benefit of the viewers can you explain what understeer is Martin"
To be fair I've noticed he does that less often. However, he has managed to replace these questions with statements that are beyond the comprehension of sane race fans. If I met James Allen I don't know what I would honestly say to him, but have you noticed, out of all the F1 'personalities' you rarely ( or is that never?) see him make a personal appearance? I reckon he stays at home with the curtains drawn.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1174789)   #54
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've e-mailed the ITV team with my most polite request ever! There's surely plenty of time to shoehorn someone else in before March? I would miss these threads bemoaning him if he were to go, a small price to pay, I think....
Old 8 Dec 2004, 22:42 (Ref:1174811)   #55
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casseopeia
. If I met James Allen I don't know what I would honestly say to him, but have you noticed, out of all the F1 'personalities' you rarely ( or is that never?) see him make a personal appearance? I reckon he stays at home with the curtains drawn.

yes sitting at home watching grand prix that he had his wife record, he puts it on mute and comentates theree and then, if theres any new content he can thing of he writes it down and uses it in the next grand prix. What annoys me the most out of all the coments is the fact he thinks he is "down" with everyone in the paddock. Like when he says "Yes i was in the paddock talking to who ever and we get on like a house on fire", or he knows te track really well, i mean magny cours this year, we know the imola chicane is good, but does he have to repeat he was down there during free practice watching, everytime the camera cuts there.