Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2005, 03:45 (Ref:1336731)   #26
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.....and basically hand the World Championship on a platter to Ferarri.....
Old 22 Jun 2005, 05:40 (Ref:1336773)   #27
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy
.....and basically hand the World Championship on a platter to Ferarri.....
Then that's definately the punishment the FIA will come out with.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1336803)   #28
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski
Then that's definately the punishment the FIA will come out with.
LOL. Wonderfully cynical.

Anyway. I would say that there will be no exclusions. I just hope that the teams don't get points deducted: that would be totally incorrect, unjustified and counter-productive.

The teams and Michelin will get fined some money, and quite possibly not THAT much in the end. I thik there is a good argument against fining the teams, personally, I don't see that they had a great deal of options come the race.

Here's hoping the punishment starts and finishes with a fine.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1336816)   #29
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Yeah, 6 cars on the track for every race from France, get your tickets now before Bridgestone screws up and Grand Prix racing is no more.
I think it would be highly unlikely that it would get to that point (6 cars from French GP onwards). But if that happened, I would be willing to bet that one or more of the Michelin teams would break ranks and do a deal with Bridgestone, so it would very quickly become 8 cars, then maybe 10, 12... depending on how many teams Bridgestone could support.

Last edited by alfasud; 22 Jun 2005 at 07:20. Reason: typos again...
Old 22 Jun 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1336832)   #30
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Well, the one side-effect of having DQ'd all the other runners is that Bernie will be in serious doo-doo, having contracted to supply 18 cars to every race.

Unless Ferrari gets its museum emptied and Minardi get the 2 seaters scrutineered this ain't gonna happen. (Although in the "old" regs there were provisions to allow Formula 2 cars in if entries ever dropped below a certain number - this, I don't believe, ever happened under FOCA suzerainty. Interesting to see the GP2ers as Grand Prix drivers.)

Or there'd be a mad scramble for BStones. Which would be a serious handicap to the other teams.

Given the state of things, the FIA will I believe tread carefully - all **** and vinegar. Remember the "draconian" punishments for anyone found with TC software on their car? And exactly how were Benetton punished in 1994?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1336834)   #31
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, ensign, I am not sure bringing up that final paragraph's particular field of debate was a wise move....
Old 22 Jun 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1336843)   #32
wanarace
Rookie

wanarace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think this will happen...The teams have already docked themselves points by not racing so I'd say a money fine for them and the same from Michelin. The sport is already in trouble and I can't see the FIA droping 7 teams for another race is would make a laughing stock of the championship. I think the worst they'll do is a suspended
points loss or two race ban till the end of the the current season.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1336874)   #33
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport-Atlas report:

BAR are under a six-month suspended penalty for illegally running fuel as ballast at this year's San Marino Grand Prix, and that sanction will almost certainly be taken into account if the teams are all found guilty next week of not having acted in the best interests of the sport.

If BAR is banned again for France, then there will be less than 20 cars racing, isn't there some sort of contractual agreement between Bernie and the promoters that he has to provide 20 cars for each Grand Prix?

Will we see 3rd cars in France from some of the teams?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1336875)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No we wouldn't see 3rd cars, that only comes into play if fewer than 20 cars are entered for the championship.

I honestly don't believe we'll see any teams banned from any races.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1336880)   #35
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the teams won't accept an immediate ban of Michelin. But a ban of Michelin from 2006 could be accepted. In 2004 all Michelin teams asked the FIA to introduce a control tyre.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1336882)   #36
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will the WMSC decide whether the Michelin teams should be penalised?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1337037)   #37
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After the damage caused by the US GP to the image of F1 i dont think the FIA will impose bans which would see more 6 car GP's or ruin the World championships...(if they have some sense atleast)...

I think heavy fines will be dished out!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1337055)   #38
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I notice the article on GrandPrix.com states

".... that the information will be put in front of an independent technical expert to decide whether or not Michelin's F1 tyres are dangerous."

I wonder who the FIA will call upon to be the independent technical expert in this case? Goodyear? Yokohama? Dunlop? Or possibly a tyre fitter from the local KwikFit?