Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 30 Aug 2001, 04:03 (Ref:138280)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Laurent redon to make IRL debut

Former f3000 driver laurent redon will make his IRL debut with the Comquest racing team at Chicago this week.

It will also be the debut in the IRL for Comquest racing who are stepping up from Indy lites.

team owner eric bachelart has been a former Indy driver and a Lites champion in the past and since lites is being scapped for next year is planning a 2 car team for the IRL series.

I havent seen redon race that much but I have heard quite a bit about him and im looking forward to seeing how he goes and the comquest team for that matter.

this could also open the way for new zealander Matt halliday to step up to the IRL for next year if he can find the budget ..but with his impressive run for comquest in lites lately he just may do it..

Good luck to Laurent, Comquest and Matt.
Old 30 Aug 2001, 06:47 (Ref:138290)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
has indy-lights definitely been scrapped for next year
Old 30 Aug 2001, 15:40 (Ref:138452)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I knew they were definately looking at it gomick ..and by the reading of the article in auto action today it sounds as if it is going.

Maybe someone in America can give us a better indication ?????

shame really as lites are pretty good I reckon
Old 31 Aug 2001, 17:09 (Ref:139103)   #4
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART hasn't made an official announcement on the future of the Dayton Indy Lights Series, but the writing is certainly on the wall.

Tony George is set to announce a support series for the IRL that will run a Dallara chassis and Infinity engine at about three fourths the cost of the current Indy Lights package, or about 750,000 US dollars for a full season. Many of the existing Lights teams may end up there.

CART, for it's part, is said to be putting it's efforts behind a new support series that will be an evolution of the current Toyota Atlantic Series. But, as with anything involving CART's management, I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited by SevenGrain; 31 Aug 2001 at 17:10.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 02:02 (Ref:139405)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Thanks Sevengrain.

I hope whatever development classes both IRL and CART come up with are good ones ...i will miss indy lights as i think it is a very good class allthough this year there is a shortage of competitors the racing has been pretty good.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 20:17 (Ref:139788)   #6
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is an interesting side note to this topic,Tony George has just announced his IRL support series, dubbed the Indy Racing Infinity Pro Series, and one of the events on the proposed schedule is a support race for the Formula One USGP on the road course at Indianapolis.