Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1504761)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory Photography

Has anybody heard whether the same arrangements with regards to photography at Mallory, i.e the resident photgrapher having exclusive rights, is still in place this year?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1504880)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually I had a question about this, at the Plum pudding I signed on but wasn't asked to sign any agreements or anything. Now I have somebody who wants to buy a couple of prints, do you think I can sell them?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 06:21 (Ref:1504960)   #3
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Actually I had a question about this, at the Plum pudding I signed on but wasn't asked to sign any agreements or anything. Now I have somebody who wants to buy a couple of prints, do you think I can sell them?
Unless you hear otherwise assume you can.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1505259)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll go ahead then...
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1505263)   #5
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
I'll go ahead then...
Well it's no secret now!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1505338)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, probably best not to ask on a public forum Mike!

Paul, have you contacted Helen Lovell? She will be handling press passes again this year.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1505387)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sent two mails that havent been responded to. Will phone next week now thats confirmed
Old 21 Jan 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1506009)   #8
Guidoh
Rookie

United Kingdom
Near Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK
Guidoh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are your people who normally have the Mallory rights.

As far as I know they have sole rights for 'selling' work. You can take it, you just can't sell it. Only deviation away from this I gather is National events where you sign on with the series organisers or hold a series media pass and that covers you to market your shots in line with their conditions not the circuit's or their preferred photographer's.

Rumour has it they're chums of the circuit owners hence their 'sole-status position'

http://www.reillystudios.co.uk/Perform/part.htm
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1523642)   #9
Silver
Rookie

England
Oxford
Silver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoh
Rumour has it they're chums of the circuit owners hence their 'sole-status position'

http://www.reillystudios.co.uk/Perform/part.htm
I did a bike trackday at Mallory in September and they were doing the photos. They seem to have the monopoly there (everywhere else in the UK the trackday organiser uses their own people). I can safely say that the resultant images were pathetic, absolutely appalling. I only saw some thumbnails before I bought and I was in a rush. I meant to complain but never got round to it. If anyone's interested I can upload some examples.

Oh, hi by the way, first post here!
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1523686)   #10
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a quick look at the Reilly studio website and it looks like he is going to other tracks as well, shame he cant spell Donington
Old 15 Feb 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1523733)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
We can probably let him off that. At times even Donington can't spell Donnington
Old 15 Feb 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1523766)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
it looks like he is going to other tracks as well
No way!!!! that's seriously seriously bad news. Surely there's some EU directive that can applied about restriction of trade.
I'd swear profusely but I dont want a warning
Be interesting to know if he's paid any licence for the MSV tracks

Actually theres no way they could get exclusivity at all the major circuits because you could get the monopolies and mergers commission involved

The javascript sucks as it doesnt refresh the date combo when you change venues
Old 15 Feb 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1523792)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Calm down Paul. From looking at the website I suspect he's just covering track/test days at other local tracks, same as any other jobbing photog.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1523798)   #14
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
ahhh but you're not allowed to at Mallory which is what bums me out. End of 2004 I was expressly forbidden, by them not the circuit, from doing some work for a couple of drivers at a Mallory test day on the premise that he would do it...only for him not to show up. To say I was p'd off would be an understatement.
Plus you arent supposed to explicitly sell your images from MSV circuits, a stipulatioon that caused one of the ff1600 photographers serious grief at the beginning of last year, despite his innocence
Old 16 Feb 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1523939)   #15
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Ah, that would be me I take it! Fortunately we managed to clear that one up OK.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 06:24 (Ref:1524048)   #16
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
names were ommitted to protect the innocent
Old 16 Feb 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1524206)   #17
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul, I'd just keep low and just do the jobs you need to do without telling ANYONE and don't put your sticky lable/contact details on your pictures taken at Mallory-done!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1524223)   #18
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I know Baz it just winds me up, its as much to do with the ever growing restrictions that are applied to pretty much everything anybody tries to do in Britain today as it is the Mallory Park situation
Old 16 Feb 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1524244)   #19
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
Plus you arent supposed to explicitly sell your images from MSV circuits, a stipulatioon that caused one of the ff1600 photographers serious grief at the beginning of last year, despite his innocence
Oops.. didn't know that. Is it a new thing or has it always been the case?