Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 Apr 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1573130)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wallace Park Raceway

Located near Stirling in central Scotland, this is an FIA top grade circuit, suitable for any event. Incorporated in the design is large exhibition and conference centre (concert venue) owned and operated by the circuit owners.

The light blue infield areas are the corporate and hospitality zones, linked together and with the VIP carparking area by executive mono-rail.
The access road leading into the paddock, is controlled at the junction with the perimeter, with Zone 5 of the Exhibition centre being an unloading/parking area for exhibiters and their trucks.

The Red areas indicate permanent grandstands with the green sections being spectator mounds, some of which could be used for temporary seating at major events.

The circuit itself is anti clockwise, with turn 1 being a long and tightening right hander (similar to Shanghai).
Turns 2 and 3 drop gently down hill onto a short straight which passes under the mono-rail.
Turn 4 is a 90 degree left hander which marks the start of a climb up hill that continues through turn 5 and the double apex turn 6.
The long sweeping turn 7 leads onto the downhill back straight, with turn 8 being a challenging downhill right hander, Braking for turn 9 is difficult as the circuit is naturally bumpy as the terrain levels out.
Turn 10 is a slight kink, leading into a series of near constant radius turns (11,12 and 13) which gently climb as the go.
Turn 14 is a slightly off camber right hander, which leads over the access road bridge before a sweeping turn 15 brings the drivers into the final turn 16. A fairly wide hairpin which leads back over the start finish line.

Circuit length would be approximately 3.5 miles (5.5km) of which the start finish straight would be in the region of 0.5/0.6 miles (0.8/1.0 km).
Attached Thumbnails
F1 Scotland.jpg  
Old 7 Apr 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1573223)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i likes it and my friend lives in stirling so i know where your coming from. it looks like a world class circuit!
Old 7 Apr 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1573382)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that would be a lot easier to get to than knockhill from glasgow! great concept!
Old 8 Apr 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1574034)   #4
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is really nice! .
Old 8 Apr 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1574073)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it's pretty cool, but I think it would be more of a bike track to be honest. In parts, it's way to twisty for F1 or general cars for my eyes.

The twists in the top right, remind me of the Sachenring.
Old 8 Apr 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1574135)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres an edit to smoothen it out

Last edited by nickyf1; 16 Sep 2006 at 14:11.
Old 8 Apr 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1574203)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool, I don't have a problem with that.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1574233)   #8
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that's cool Nicky.