Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 20 May 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1615134)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Carrying batteries

This is going to sound like a silly question but bare with me. How do you carry your spare camera batteries? Specifically I'm talking about the BP-511 batteries that fit Canon DSLRs but I guess the same applies to Nikons etc as well.

The battery supplied with my camera had a plastic tray that clips over it to protect the contacts. All the ones I've had since then just came in a plastic bag. I don't like the idea of fully charged batteries rattling around in my camera bag with the contacts exposed so I've always tried to keep them in plastic bag. Trouble is I keep losing or ripping the bags.

I've never seen the cover trays for sale so I assume I'm not the only one with this problem. So, what do you do?
Old 21 May 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1615276)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I've never seen the cover trays for sale so I assume I'm not the only one with this problem. So, what do you do?
Try using "sandwich bags" with a press together seal. They are generally pretty sturdy. If you need more strength, use the ones meant for freezers as they are a slightly tougher material. An elastic band on the outside would signify a fresh battery. Exchange batteries and stow the band inside.