Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 May 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1612803)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Is Ranger Out?

..any idea who might be replacing him, or know what is going on?

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/C...7PDFR_0001.pdf
Old 17 May 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1612808)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't it Ryan Briscoe who tested with them at Portland? I hope he get the drive.
Or maybe it's too late...16 cars? Wouldn't that be pretty bad...
Old 18 May 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1613107)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently, Ranger now confirmed. Sorry for the panic.
Old 18 May 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1613218)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manning is set to replace Ranger if something does happen, so say Autosport.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1613368)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome! Manning is a good driver and deserves to be in Champ Car, rather have Ranger then Philippe though...
Old 19 May 2006, 06:11 (Ref:1613971)   #6
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why? Phillipe has been the better driver by far the last 12 months or so. For all the flack that he took for being rushed into Champ Car, Nelson has developed into one of the quicker young drivers. He is due for a podium soon.

I know Ranger has had issues with his budget and that has affected how agressively he can drive. When he was driving quickly last year, he was also having a lot of expensive accidents (Long Beach, Milwaukee, Toronto, Edmonton come to mind). Since being put under the pressure of finishing the race-weekend in one piece, Ranger's pace has generally been slower than both Phillipe's and Zwolsman's. His failure to sustain his quick pace since has made me quite skeptical about the vitality of his career in Champ Car.

Last edited by StickShift; 19 May 2006 at 06:18.
Old 19 May 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1614059)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I would agree with that Phillipe was good last year , hasnt done much this year but we are only 2 races in.

as for Ranger , I hope he gets to hand around as he has alot of potential and could develop into a very good driver.

Manning would be great to see back as well , shame we dont have enough cars really
Old 19 May 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1614098)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4th at Houston I think counts as something for 2006
Old 19 May 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1614257)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ranger has shown flashes of true top form (wierd that he's lost it for so long), but I guess it would be fair to say that Philippe has been faster for almost a year now.

Manning would be a great addition to the field.
Old 19 May 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1614290)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A fully-funded Ranger would be faster than a fully-funded Philippe, but that's not what we have at the moment, which is a shame.
Old 19 May 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1614312)   #11
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13th in first practice...so certainly not out
Old 22 May 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1616128)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some more info on this:
Quote:
And well he might thank the team and his sponsors. Ranger’s sponsorship package only supports him for Long Beach and Houston and the two Canadian races. Darren Manning was in line to take over Ranger’s seat this weekend but, seeing as how Manning didn’t bring much in the way of sponsorship and that Ranger a) was fourth in points and b) finished second in Monterrey last year, the nod went to the young French-Canadian. And as long as he keeps bringing the MiJack/Conquest Lola home intact and in the points, he’s likely to keep his ride.
Source: SpeedTV.com
Old 22 May 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1616702)   #13
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Rangers aggresive diving style...he seemed to be attacking everything in slight, yet kept all 4 wheels attatched...

I think the Legge penalty for "blocking" was uncalled for...we've all seen Mr. Shuey's "line adjustments" that make Ms. Legge's move look timid at best!