Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Sep 2006, 04:45 (Ref:1712603)   #51
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would seem that Mr Rossi has started on the Pedrosa psych out allready with hiscomments that he " has a lot to learn" and needs to stop complaining.

not being a Pedrosa fan at all i took a little delight in seeing him struggle in the wet.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1712688)   #52
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
it would seem that Mr Rossi has started on the Pedrosa psych out allready with hiscomments that he " has a lot to learn" and needs to stop complaining.

not being a Pedrosa fan at all i took a little delight in seeing him struggle in the wet.

I heard this as well, I think Rossi responded to something Pedrosa said in an interview that inferred Valentino was a lil dangerous.Haven't got a quote so I can'ttback it up, I heard it on the ten telecast.
Did anyone else notice Rossi on I think the second last lap before they pitted where he passed 5 guys and went from 8th to 3rd ? I rang my brother to see if he counted the same. Couldn't believe Rusty and Daryl didn't comment on it at all. Once again Rossi does the unbelievable and makes the whole field look a lil average.If he'd been able to generate some heat into his tyres as quick as Marco, we would have had a different result . I was also hoping to see Rossi try to catch the Kawasaki but the rain put an end to that
Didn't matter in the end, Vermulen came second, marco won it and once again Sete got his ass kicked ! Poor ******* is having a rotten season.
Great race!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1712743)   #53
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedrosa has always sucked big time in the wet. I think it's a blessing for the others that he has such a substantial weakness because in the dry he is going from strength to strength. Scarily so.

Three of my favourite riders were on the podium on Sunday, Vermeulen is the new Regenmeister!

The foxtel commentary was very good, with Kev Magee. He spotted Rossi and all those overtakings. Knife, butter, hot! And he even overtook TWO riders into Turn 1. Style.

That's what I love about watching Rossi, he is a machine like Schumacher but he's a showman too. Melandri is similar, especially with that last turn one handed powerslide-salute... Pedrosa is a turn off in that regard. He is more like an F1 driver. Motorcycling is lawless and periphery, wild and woolly! Come on Dani - cheer up and smlle.

Rant over.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1713307)   #54
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i loved the comment from Vermulen " i dont like riding in the wet but i seem to go OK at it..." priceless!

big raps for Vermulen, he seems to get forgotten after the Stoner show( and cmon, thats a good show on its own!), but today and at laguna i think he put the " superbike riders cant succeed in motoGP" curse to bed.

Marco was too good, Gibernau has got to be wondering if Rossi is some sort of witch doctor ( not just he doctor - where did that come from anyways?) and i thought that Stoner did well to bring it home in 6th - once again a good result, but he was very hard on himself. when will somone give the kid a good bike??!!

Bad luck for the Kawa guys, but i wonder how much go those tyres had in them given that the Bridgestones tend to fade really badly at the end of a race.

As for Pedrosa's form, yer ill admit hes good but hes had top machinery for a vast majority of his career. would he be able to do what Rossi is doing on the Yamaha? i really doubt it. the water thing is intersting as well, as it tends to sort the men from the boys so to speak and give a truer indication of rider tallent.

It was races like that that i miss having Fox
Old 19 Sep 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1713525)   #55
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melandri's powerslide was awesome wasn't it Mr Hubbins
Casey aslo had a good result when you consider he's not on a factory ride.I need to watch Pedrosa a lil more before I bag him too hard, but I can't help thinking if Valentino was on the same ride, the championship would already be decided.
What an amazing recovery for Nicky as well, in the first leg of the race he seemed to be loosing more positions than gaining them ! I like his style when interviewed as well, he reminds me a lil of Pat Rafter in the way he talks and responds to questions. Comes across as someone you'd enjoy sharing a few brews with.I hope he finishes ahead of Pedrosa, it'll be a good lesson to the Honda team if they do currently consider him number 2.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1713996)   #56
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vermeulen was sueprb - the opportunity emerged and he made full use of it. Seté did pretty well before the tyres faded, it's a real shame he lost the podium position although on balance I think Rossi deserved it as well. Hayden could've been up there were it not for the first 2 laps as well. As so often in wet races, there were so many riders who deserved a big result. Marco was great, Nakano as well.

Pedrosa's poor wet showing was pretty glaring, but it was virtually his first competitive wet MotoGP run, and he may not have been 100% fit either. People are being a bit too quick to write him off, although I agree that he doesn't have the character of Rossi.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1714339)   #57
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G'day,

Gallery from Oz MotoGP up now, updates still to come: http://www.mayhem-images.com/gallery/v/motogp06/
Old 21 Sep 2006, 03:48 (Ref:1715169)   #58
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that was something wasnt it? I have to disagree with whoever said that Hayden was whining, he didn't come across like that to me. I didn't see any waved yellows, and going from the fact that I didn't see any news about a penalty or anything, I imagine it didn't go anywhere.

not sure what I think of the new rain rules/changing bikes and all that confusing "what tires are to be on the first bike if you get back on it" stuff; but it certainly makes a change and the more I think about it, the more I like the new wrenches it throws in to the whole thing.

cheers
Old 21 Sep 2006, 05:49 (Ref:1715189)   #59
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
that was something wasnt it? I have to disagree with whoever said that Hayden was whining, he didn't come across like that to me. I didn't see any waved yellows, and going from the fact that I didn't see any news about a penalty or anything, I imagine it didn't go anywhere.

cheers
That was me. I was watching Foxtel live at the time and Hayden was interviewed right as he got into his garage and it was the first thing he said. His philosophy was that after seeing Rossi pass Stoner under the yellow he was happy to simply wait for the black flag to come out for Rossi. It was a Nicky I haven't heard before. I've seen the face many a time on TV when he's come in to the garage after a bad race and looked rightfully annoyed with himself. He sounded like a little kid telling mummy after having his dinner stolen by his older brother! I guess he was pretty annoyed and still all pumped up - especially after seeing Rossi pass Sete in the last corner

Stoner said he didn't see the flag and neither did Rossi and they were the two guys passing each other at the time. In those conditions it is pretty hard to see everything. Besides, Rossi has had penalties for passing under yellows before at PI. And still wins..

I hope that if Nicky is seen to have done something similar that he is let off too - will even it out.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1715498)   #60
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Crash.net have an article on the whole saga here

Seems it's only me who is still whining about it
Old 21 Sep 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1715657)   #61
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LOL! That's because you're too busy defending Rossi's honor. As if that needed attending to. Like you said, he usually wins regardless of the circumstances.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 03:43 (Ref:1716858)   #62
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
thanks David for the link, but she a didn't work...

it was impressive seeing 'ol Mr. Rossi taking guys left right and center when he got the wind up his sails wasn't it. I know I'm a broken record with this, but it is so nice to see any driver/rider slicing through competition in a clean way.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1717056)   #63
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
thanks David for the link, but she a didn't work...

it was impressive seeing 'ol Mr. Rossi taking guys left right and center when he got the wind up his sails wasn't it. I know I'm a broken record with this, but it is so nice to see any driver/rider slicing through competition in a clean way.
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Hay...~id~137669.htm

It's on crash.net in the motogp section if this link does not work either.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1717378)   #64
djb
Veteran

grazie David, izza gud

Hayden is pretty philosphical about it, although if those few points end up being the difference, he'll be dreaming of those yellows....