Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the esses. Nice track.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1757285)   #27
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those esses will be insane! Love it, keep up the great work!
Old 4 Nov 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1757714)   #28
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic! Looks like a really fast track. Well done!
Old 8 Nov 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1760947)   #29
#FFF#
Rookie

Germany
#FFF# should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you post a new track?
Old 8 Nov 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1761111)   #30
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have patience, people have other things to do besides posting a track exactly on time
Old 10 Nov 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1762952)   #31
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well here we go........

Track #4-The Turkish GP @ Marmara Raceway.

Located in a newly developed park to the east of the city of Yalova, on the coast of the Marmara Sea. The track is open to the public as part of the park during non-racing days. There is some elevation change & with a length of 5.13 km the length and speed of the front straight make the first corner a highlight of the track. Despite its modernity this track is popular with drivers and with fans.

History: The track is very modern and was opened for racing in 2004, although the park has existed in undeveloped form for more than 40 years. The track has held the Turkish GP since 2005.

The track!:
-

A lap of the track: The lap starts on the front straight that descends slightly into the very fast and undulating T1. The straight after the first corner leads uphill to the chicane, one of the best overtaking oppertunities on the track, at Ts 2 & 3. Another short uphill straight takes the track to a plateaux at T4. A short run leads to the challenging T5 which opens on exit. The drivers are near to full throttle through both of these corners. Along the next straight the track descends slightly before the biggest elevation change on the track leading into T6. This is a very exciting corner as the track suddenly drops away just before the apex. Just as the corner opens out T7 arrives. This corner is a hairpin at the lowest point of the track. Overtaking is possible but risky & spectacular here, showing off the truly brave drivers. After a very short straight the track climbs around a rocky outcrop at the small esses at Ts 8 & 9. These lead onto the uphill back straight which leads into the tight T10, one of the best overtaking oppertunities. The following section is undulating as the track goes round & through another rocky outcrop. The track climbs through T11, dropping away & rising again on the following straight. Ts 12 & 13 are very cambered & are faster than they look as the track drops away again through the 2 corners. A straight follows & the track flattens out into the fast T14. A fast series of esses follow at Ts 15 & 16 before the track goes quickly into the open cambered hairpin at T17. A quick left-right flick (Ts 18 & 19) leads the track back onto the front straight, completing the lap.

This one isn't quite as good as the last one I feel but I still like it as a parkland circuit.

Hope you like it too! Comments appreciated!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 10 Nov 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1762978)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like this one. The final 3rd from T12/T13 through to the final reads like a real wild ride where time could easily be made up or just as easily lost.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1763387)   #33
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the flow of this. Good job.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1763670)   #34
formula1fan
Racer

England
Fast and furious. That's the way I like it. Good job.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1763753)   #35
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Yay! 4 popular tracks in a row! I'm doing well this time (even if I do say so myself)!

Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1764137)   #36
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This track can compete with Kurtkoy, the real-life Turkish facility, because it has better elevation changes, which is unexpected for a circuit that's built around a lake. The section beginning at the plateau of Turn 4 and 5, leading down towards the hairpin at the lowest point of the track is something that I'd love to try out on a race simulator. And you've also 'signed' your design by including some fast Esses.
The final left-right combination is not too enjoyable, but that's merely a minor complaint.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1764193)   #37
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
Yay! 4 popular tracks in a row! I'm doing well this time (even if I do say so myself)!
What can i say? You're clearly on a roll, keep it up, cause they're looking good!
Old 12 Nov 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1764323)   #38
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Well as I am on this roll you can have the 5th track straight away!

Track #5-The Spanish GP @ Circuit de Andalucia

This is the first of the 'classic' tracks on the tour. As such it is massively popular with the drivers. Whilst there is only one overtaking oppertunity the challenge of the rest of the track more than makes up for this. Track length is about 5.89 km.

History: The Circuit de Andalucia was opened in 1943. The track was originally configured slightly differently with the current first corner complex replaced by a hugely fast banked sweeper. Although this corner was wide there were many very large accidents here, especially before 1957 when the guard rail was added alont the rim of the banking. However, in 1964, after one huge crash in which 3 drivers and 95 spectators died (the drivers were running 3 abreast when the driver on the inside's tyre burst, spearing him into the two others. They burst through the safety barrier and into a spectator area, killing 95 and injuring hundreds as this was the most popular corner from which to spectate.) it was decided that the corner was way too dangerous and so the current complex was built. In 1986, as speeds continued to increase, the current 'top' corner was given a double apex instead of a very fast cambered esse, and the final corner was made tighter onto the straight, rather than just being a kink. The track was fully modernised in 1998 and the spectator facilities are among the best in the world, with the covered grandstands at the final corner being especially popular.

The original track:

The current track:

A lap of the track: The lap starts on the long downhill straight, with the gradient being steepest just before T1, making this corner especially good for overtaking. Ts 1 & 2 are a simple open chicane that lead into T3. This corner retains something of the original by being steeply cambered. This camber continues (though not as steeply) along the short straight to T4, a kink into the start of the esses that make up much of the circuit. After T4 the track starts to climb steeply through Ts 5 & 6, an open left-right esse and through the next esse at T7. T7 leads almost straight into T8, a very tricky negatively cambered semi-hairpin that has the steepest climb on the circuit. Just after the apex there is a blind crest, making positioning the car on track for the T8 esse out of the hairpin tricky. Another short uphill straight leads to the blind drop of T9. The second part of this esse, the bowl-like T10, is steply cambered as the track climbs again though T11, a tightening esse, into T12-a corner made tricky by a hump in the middle of the corner near the apex. Going through T13 into T14 thr track continues to climb, with the point between Ts 14 & 15 being the highest on the circuit. This makes the drop into the double apexed T15 almost blind making it a very challenging corner. Through the very slight kink at T16 into the fast & open esse at T17 the track drops away steeply leading into the fast opening part of the double apexed T18. The second part of the corner is much slower, although not as slow as it looks due to a slight camber. Through the right hander at T19 the track continues to drop, leading to the steepest drop on track just after the apex of T20. This corner requires drivers to set their cars up on entry for a very clean exit os it is very easy to let the car drift to the runoff on the outside. The drop continues through Ts 21 & 22 before leveling out onto the start of the straight at T23, a tight 90 degree corner that is made much slower due to the line of the cars through the right hander of the previous corner. And so ends the lap of Circuit de Andalucia!

I hope you like this one as well!

Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1764334)   #39
formula1fan
Racer

England
Wow! Lots of esses: should be a real challenge for the drivers. Great work.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1764356)   #40
kivipallur92
Racer

Estonia
kivipallur92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too many esses , but still good.

RIP Colin McRae (5 August 1968– 15 September 2007)
Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1764430)   #41
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah a few too many wiggles this time, the only straight bit of track is the pit straight.

Smooth out some of the wiggles to bring the corner count down from 23 to something like 16 or 18. The charactor would still be there, but would allow for a faster and smoother lap.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1764823)   #42
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the amount of deliberate self-plagiarism involved here, your "roll" has clearly come to a halt. But that's because it makes me see your other tracks in a different and less bright light, and not because this circuit was bad in any way, in fact I think it's the 2nd best in your series so far (losing out only to Madras Raceway). I like the over-the-top idea of a track consisting almost exclusively of Esses. But please let's have something else next time around.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1765009)   #43
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Deliberate self-plagerism?! What planet are you living on?! The character of this track is completly different to any of the others in my eyes. Maybe I didn't explain my view of the circuit properly but still!

To remove too many of the esses would destroy the character of the track & I was trying to create something similar to some of my favourite sections of tracks like the Nordschleife. Maybe get rid of the esse between T5 & T7 & just have a kink to the hairpin instead? Also the section between 15 & 17 could be straightened but I don't see the need for anything more drastic than that.

Old 13 Nov 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1765096)   #44
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose if you consider circuit length, then the esses would be OK. But, it would be nice to see a bit of variety there.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1765421)   #45
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Here's the new version:

I certainly feel that any more changes than this ruins the point of the circuit.